The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here he is! He is currently 21 months old. He is a registered solid paint palomino. So what are his positives? Negatives? What discipline would well suit him? Some of these pics MAY be from the summer. Thanks a lot ... BE HARSH! =P

He doesn't usually park out like this but he was 'scared' of the orange car ... lol

Head shot

He is standing on a down hill slope ...

yes he needed a trim then .. lol

these confo ones are from the spring but just to give you an idea ...

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ohh and here is one when I got him in March 09:

·
Registered
436 Posts
Oh, man! What a good lookin' guy! I'd probably put him in a western pleasure class, or put him in a speed event, barrels, poles, etc... he's built like a roper too, so if you have any interest in breakaway... I'd take it!

He's really, really nice! How's he bred?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh, man! What a good lookin' guy! I'd probably put him in a western pleasure class, or put him in a speed event, barrels, poles, etc... he's built like a roper too, so if you have any interest in breakaway... I'd take it!

He's really, really nice! How's he bred?
I know nothing about pedigree but don't see anything special in his. Here it is though .. tell me if anything strikes you lol!
Charms Bachelor Will Paint

·
Registered
879 Posts
His neck bugs me for some reason but can't quite put my finger on it. He's got a lovely head but in the more recent pics he's quite bum high.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Overall a very good looking horse.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
His neck bugs me for some reason but can't quite put my finger on it. He's got a lovely head but in the more recent pics he's quite bum high.
Yes his neck is a bit funky, some of those pics are older, when I first got him he had a MAJOR ewe neck going on. I need to get some more recent conformation pictures. It's hard most of my property is a slope but yes he IS bum high, which is good (i think) because hopefully he will grow into it. His butt is currently around 15hh and at the withers he is about 14.2

·
Registered
594 Posts
He's a nice little guy, looks to have a good personality, too.

If he keeps up with nice movement, I would totally put him in hunter under saddle classes. :)

ETA: A horse that is a little bit butt-high will be really good at doing speed events where quick bursts of immense speed are necessary. So if he doesn't even out (my guy didn't even out until he was a three year old) then you may have a nice barrel prospect.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
He's a nice little guy, looks to have a good personality, too.

If he keeps up with nice movement, I would totally put him in hunter under saddle classes. :)
Thank you! I have no idea what I am going to do with him lol!!

·
Registered
5,061 Posts
He's slightly strung out behind, and cowhocked a bit.

He is downhill at the moment, but that should change in the next year; if it doesn't by then, then he won't, as a general rule. His shoulder is a little steeper than I like, and is definitely 'lighter' than his hind end, which is actually a good thing, because he will have an easier time 'lifting' his shoulder to collect. As long as he levels out height wise, he should collect nicely.

I do like the length of his neck, and he has a really nice trim throatlatch. He has a kind expression, and his front legs are decent, although he does toe out a bit.

Over all, though, he is a fairly nicely balanced baby; it will be interesting to see how he fills out in the next year. :D

·
Registered
3,113 Posts
Since all the flaws that I see have already been stated, I will just tell you how lovely I think he is. I love his creamy color as well!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
He's slightly strung out behind, and cowhocked a bit.

He is downhill at the moment, but that should change in the next year; if it doesn't by then, then he won't, as a general rule. His shoulder is a little steeper than I like, and is definitely 'lighter' than his hind end, which is actually a good thing, because he will have an easier time 'lifting' his shoulder to collect. As long as he levels out height wise, he should collect nicely.

I do like the length of his neck, and he has a really nice trim throatlatch. He has a kind expression, and his front legs are decent, although he does toe out a bit.

Over all, though, he is a fairly nicely balanced baby; it will be interesting to see how he fills out in the next year. :D
Thank you very much! Just what I was looking for. I think I can deal with that :wink: hehe!!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
He's adorable :)
Thank you!! :D

Since all the flaws that I see have already been stated, I will just tell you how lovely I think he is. I love his creamy color as well!
Thanks, I'm hoping he will darken up SOME so you can actually tell he is palomino. Right now (winter) he looks white as a ghost! hehe

·
Registered
13,266 Posts
Generally speaking he is a pretty good looking baby. He is a little more downhill than you want to see, but he is also bum high and needs to level out. You should know by the time he is 3-3.5 how much it's going to correct itself.
He seems to be heavier built in the back end than he is in the front end, but again once his musculature comes in and he fills in more, that should hopefully balance itself out.

One thing I really don't like is his shoulder. It is one steeeeep shoulder. Not likely to give you some long low movement with this guy(might not be a bad thing depending on what you want to do). I don't see anything wrong with his neck at all. For a youngster he is really well put together. He's really cute. I think he'll be an eye turning guy in the ring.

As for what discipline? I think it's your call. Whatever you put your heart and hard work into doing, I have no doubt in my mind he will excell in.

·
Registered
965 Posts
As stated above, everything else was already said that I would have said lol, which is good because that means I'm excelling in my conformation judging lol. And I also can't wait to see how he fills out especially with muscle. Overall, he looks really sweet and his color is pretty white now, lol also can't wait to see how he looks when he darkens up.

·
Banned
1,390 Posts
he has Sugar bars in his lines.......thats pretty good............wait............ that means him and myhorse Chance in my avatar are related! Teehee! he is real cute!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thank you guys!! I am an english rider but would love to do some western aswell. I do want to do some lower level jumping/dressage/eventing perhaps. Maybe get into reining or something if I can find a trainer around here. I'm not competitive and I am a laid back rider so whatever he does well in I will pursue.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Generally speaking he is a pretty good looking baby. He is a little more downhill than you want to see, but he is also bum high and needs to level out. You should know by the time he is 3-3.5 how much it's going to correct itself.
He seems to be heavier built in the back end than he is in the front end, but again once his musculature comes in and he fills in more, that should hopefully balance itself out.

One thing I really don't like is his shoulder. It is one steeeeep shoulder. Not likely to give you some long low movement with this guy(might not be a bad thing depending on what you want to do). I don't see anything wrong with his neck at all. For a youngster he is really well put together. He's really cute. I think he'll be an eye turning guy in the ring.

As for what discipline? I think it's your call. Whatever you put your heart and hard work into doing, I have no doubt in my mind he will excell in.
Thank you for your in depth critique! As for the steep shoulder I can see it too! For what discipline would this be suitable in? I'd love to do some lower jumps and dressage? Think it would hinder his ability at all?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.