The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was hoping to get a critique on my new lease! Conformation wise and movement wise, I don't have any riding videos yet, but they'll be here soon!

Fannie Mae:
- 9 Year Old Paint Cross
- Registered with the American Warmblood Society
- Previously used as a low level eventing horse
Fannie came to me from a summer camp where I used to work. She was purchased this fall for the advanced students to ride this summer, since her purchase she has not been used regularly. Before that she was not in regular work either, just sitting in a field with an odd ride now and then. I'm going to get to keep her through May and hopefully I'll be able to afford for her to come back to me this fall.

Since I've had her we've been working on re-learning how to use herself and accepting contact. Last night my instructor gave me a Myler level one to put her in and she LOVED it. She thinks the snaffle she was in was getting her in the roof of her mouth and that was the reason for her quickness and refusing to go round and trotting around with her head in the air. I'll have to get new video of her in the Myler, she's a new happy horse!!

Anyway, tell me what you think!

Video:
She lunges a whole lot better when I'm not holding the camera. With the new Myler bit I'm hoping when we lunge she'll actually start searching for the contact, but we'll see.

And a cute one, just because!

·
Registered
167 Posts
She is adorable! I love paints like her! I am no expert but I think she has pretty nice conformation. To my untrained eye I cannot find anything wrong. Obviously there are no horses with perfect conformation. Most have a flaw somewhere but I think she is very cute :)

I had a similar problem with my horse of her not going round and trying to avoid contact! Shes getting so much better now that I have been working with a centered riding instructor. She is using herself more correctly and the centered riding is working wonders on her! She was in a (bad) lesson program before I bought her and this is why she had no idea how to use herself correctly.

·
Registered
975 Posts
Well I don't have any advice but she is really pretty!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dusty:
Thanks! I sure think so.

Five:
We've got a great instructor who will be helping us along as well, I'm exciting to see how far we'll get. I'm just going to be sad to make all this progress and then send her back to camp and probably start over in the fall! Is it bad that I'm hoping she doesn't like being a lesson horse so the director will just let me buy her? :D

(It's a fantastic program, we've just had some horses come through before that disliked being ridden by different people all of the time.)

·
Registered
634 Posts
I was hoping to get a critique on my new lease! Conformation wise and movement wise, I don't have any riding videos yet, but they'll be here soon!

Fannie Mae:
- 9 Year Old Paint Cross
- Registered with the American Warmblood Society
- Previously used as a low level eventing horse
Fannie came to me from a summer camp where I used to work. She was purchased this fall for the advanced students to ride this summer, since her purchase she has not been used regularly. Before that she was not in regular work either, just sitting in a field with an odd ride now and then. I'm going to get to keep her through May and hopefully I'll be able to afford for her to come back to me this fall.

Since I've had her we've been working on re-learning how to use herself and accepting contact. Last night my instructor gave me a Myler level one to put her in and she LOVED it. She thinks the snaffle she was in was getting her in the roof of her mouth and that was the reason for her quickness and refusing to go round and trotting around with her head in the air. I'll have to get new video of her in the Myler, she's a new happy horse!!

Anyway, tell me what you think!

Video:
She lunges a whole lot better when I'm not holding the camera. With the new Myler bit I'm hoping when we lunge she'll actually start searching for the contact, but we'll see.

And a cute one, just because!

lovely horse but killing myself laughing at the title ,fannie in england means something completely differant lol

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
haha, I was intending for it to be a little funny, since her name is. After I posted though I remembered its meaning over seas and just hoped no one took offense!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.