The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright this is me and nate jumping, i know my heels need to go down and my leg position is alittle off, but im hopeing that putting my heels down will help that. also i know im a little big for this guy, but i dont think either of us minds. : )
24380_373289382639_673722639_4666759_1372263_n.jpg

24380_373289397639_673722639_4666761_3141783_n.jpg

24380_373289737639_673722639_4666778_950514_n.jpg

·
Banned
1,994 Posts
What I would do to really help your heels and your leg posistion and your legs from slipping back is your stirrups are way to long especially for that little verticle.
You need to put them up 1-2 holes maybe.
Then you need to sink your heel down. if it doesnt work, then work on no stirrup work and just sit the trot and push your heel down it will help with both your heel and posistion. I like your 2-pint very nice hands and you dont go on his neck to much..
Anyways try no stirrup work if you cant seem to help that heel posistion and leg.

·
Registered
274 Posts
You have a nice position. It looks like you let the horse come to you instead of making a big move at the jump, and getting ahead of him. You release well, and your hand position is nice. The only advice I would give to you is obviously your leg position, as you know, but also open your shoulders a little more. I was taught to keep my upper body very open and stretch my shoulders back. You can close your hip a little and get a little closer to your horse, making sure you're not leaning on the horse. It doesn't look like you would have a problem with leaning on him at all.
I hope this helps! :)

·
Registered
16,645 Posts
Nice team.

You are grabbing with your knees. This allows you to pivot on your knee, allowing your lower leg to slip back and your upper body to tip forward. When your upper body goes forward, your knee will open, allowing your lower leg to stay at the girth.

Ride in two point and force your lower leg to move forward as you go into the two point. The more forward with the upper body...the more forward with your lower leg. You will feel the stretch in your muscles. You should be able to go forward with your upper body without needing to prop on your hands. The lower leg will counterbalance you.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks everyone for all the advice! i have taken it all into account, and worked on all the leg exercises today! allison finch- i felt so much more stable in my two point when i moved my leg forward, and less bouncy at the trot. i have also had problems grabing with my knees in the past, i guess i never noticed i still did it over the jump, thanks! eventingislovee- my shoulders do slump normally, thanks for pointing that out, my mom wants to get me one of those posture things that keep your shoulders back, ahah. Also im so glad yall like my hand position ive been working really hard to get it right!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.