Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
were tough we can handle it :p

on the left here. shes being ****y about keeper looking at her lmao.

dont critique me- i know my postures gross in these.

she said she rly wanted to be an arabiannn

·
Registered
5,061 Posts
Agreed...she is carrying a bit more weight than I'd like to see. She needs muscle tone added to that 'weight', and some 'tummy tucks' done, and then she'd look much better.

She appears to be a fairly decent looking girl though...nice clean legs, kind gentle expression, decent shoulder, short backed...she just needs some of that extra 'fluff' taken off.

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
I'n no good at this but she REALLY needs a diet. I'm not being rude there are alot of helt isues with being over weight. You have a thread about fat people but what about your fat HORSE! Other than that I think shes cute. :)

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
lmao she is ridden at least 5 hours a day 6 days a week and gets a 1/4 pound of patriot pellets a day. we joke all the time that she looks like shes in foal. she loses some of it in the summer but for the most part she keeps most of that belly. thanks though :eek:) the vet said he wouldnt want her to lose very much weight because its just "her"

·
Registered
6,635 Posts
Your vet told you she doesn't need to lose weight? Are you kidding? She's HUGE. Her neck is REALLY cresty, you know that's a sign of founder? Her legs are pretty refined, and she is bearing a lot of extra weight. How long do you expect her to go before she runs into all sorts of lameness issues because she's so **** fat? You made the thread about fat riders and putting too much strain on a horse. What makes you think a fat horse isn't putting too much strain on itself? The fat rider at least gets off. The fat horse carries around its fat 24/7.

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
Your vet told you she doesn't need to lose weight? Are you kidding? She's HUGE. Her neck is REALLY cresty, you know that's a sign of founder? Her legs are pretty refined, and she is bearing a lot of extra weight. How long do you expect her to go before she runs into all sorts of lameness issues because she's so **** fat? You made the thread about fat riders and putting too much strain on a horse. What makes you think a fat horse isn't putting too much strain on itself? The fat rider at least gets off. The fat horse carries around its fat 24/7.
Exactly! I'd get a new vet if I were you. if she gets any bigger she might pop!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
lmao a cresty neck is not always a sign of founder or IR. ive seen plenty of skinny horses that have cresty necks too. shes not that fat. most peoples horses are a little overweight - i consider her a little overweight. and the vet said he wouldnt want her losing TOO much weight. im having him do an IR test in about a month when he comes to do her teeth just to be sure. shes never had any sort of founder or laminitis problems.

·
Registered
675 Posts
lmao a cresty neck is not always a sign of founder or IR. ive seen plenty of skinny horses that have cresty necks too. shes not that fat. most peoples horses are a little overweight - i consider her a little overweight..
Yes, you are right, thin stallions can have cresty necks.:lol:
And youre horse is not pleasantly plump like "other peoples" (which by the way you shouldnt care about other people, do what is right for your horse, which is get her much thinner) she is obese! Huge! Way over the safety limit you set for people. You need to set for these for your horse too btw, cause carrying that around is much more uncomfortable than lugging a fat man around a couple times for an hour. Dont be a hypocrite. :D

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
I'm sorry but I used to own a morgan and one of my good friends is a morgan breeder and um....I know morgans do not have necks that look like THAT or have a belly like THAT. I also have never seen a welsh like that.

I don't mean to be mean because you are obviously a very sweet person but I think you are in denial. The last person I knew in denial about her horses weight was my cousin...and her horse died at age 10. I would really get the vet to run those tests and/or get a second opinion.

And, not to be rude, but um....what do you do that you have 6 hours a day 5 days a week to ride, I wish I had that much time :)

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
Yes, you are right, thin stallions can have cresty necks.:lol:
And youre horse is not pleasantly plump like "other peoples" (which by the way you shouldnt care about other people, do what is right for your horse, which is get her much thinner) she is obese! Huge! Way over the safety limit you set for people. You need to set for these for your horse too btw, cause carrying that around is much more uncomfortable than lugging a fat man around a couple times for an hour. Dont be a hypocrite. :D

Very well said.

OP you are very quick to judge people but you just cant take what you dish out. Please do your mare a favor and dont make exscuses for her and get that fat off of her.

·
Registered
5,540 Posts
I would also get a Cushings test. Check out the Body Condition Score chart, go out and feel your horse. You want her at about a 4-5 for optimum health. Morgans are prone to issues like Cushings/IR and ponies are known for it too, so you need to be extra careful with her.

How to Condition Score Horses - by Susan Evans Garlinghouse
Henneke Body Scoring - Habitat for Horses - Equine Protection Organization - Horse Rescue, Rehabilitation, Horse Education and Adoptions

Otherwise she looks really cute, nothing majorly wrong. She has a sweet expression (when she isn't glaring at the other horse :D).

Guys this is a critique thread. If you want to bash her for her opinions on overweight people why don't you go to that thread and flame her. There's no need to bring that into this thread and you aren't helping the horse any by making her get defensive.

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
lmfao. you guys crack me up. BYE!
Dont ask for a critique if all you want to here is "wow your mare is perfect" because there is not perfect horse sorry news flash! Now get your head out of your sky and come back and at least pretend like you care about your horse.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.