The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello!! Could you guys pleae critique my little mare?? She is a 6 year old amhr registered mini mare. Also, what color is she?? Her name is Perfect LIberty Bell (Bell). Oh and please excuse her grooming, it was FREEZING out!! lol!
Some questions:
Would she make a good show horse?
(If yes to #1)What could she show in?
Is she fat or is it just me?
Which side should her mane be on?

Attachments

·
Registered
892 Posts
She looks like a chestnut and white skewbald. I have no critique other than she is totally cute! Maybe you could show her in halter and driving?

·
Registered
23,642 Posts
Would she make a good show horse? If she were fitted up, I don't see why not.
(If yes to #1)What could she show in? In hand, or driving.
Is she fat or is it just me? I would be concerned about her weight, yes. She is very heavy, I'd be concerned about her developing laminitis, or founder.
Which side should her mane be on? Ideally, the right... I think?

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks! she is just out very short grass right now, not enough to be of any help, with her other 2 mini friends. It's a little small but big enough, plus thats where the run in barn and their stall is. I beleive she has free choice hay as well and I don't think she is getting any grain though. anythibg else I can do to slim her up?? in the spring and summer I will be able to work her more but I want to show her in couple of shows this summer. hmmmm...

·
Registered
39 Posts
definitely a bit too much on the chubby side! but really cute and would probably make a cute little show pony when she's all spruced up! looks like a skewbald to me, and her mane should preferably go on the right side, if you plan to show :D

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Om my gosh what a cutie, if her legs were a wee bit shorter she could be a Thelwell pony lmao sweetie pie :0)

·
Registered
99 Posts
She's an overweight paint, haha. Her conformation isn't nice enough for halter and she's too small to be ridden. She could do driving, though!

Mane always goes to the left. [=

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
I'd call her chestnut tobiano. Slimmed down a bit she'd be a nice little show mini, I don't see why not. She looks to be pretty correct and breeding quality, have fun with her! As for her pedigree I did not see anything real stunning but she has some of your basic good foundation Miniature Horse lines such as Komokos and Dell Teras breeding.

·
Registered
5,061 Posts
She has potential to be a good halter horse, or even trail or harness...I love her refined head...very araby, which is what they should be.

She IS way too hefty, however, and as JDI mentioned she is at risk for founder; not to mention she's got lovely refined limbs, but with her excess weight, puts her at risk of joint problems. You can't adequately see how well conformed she is under all her 'fluff' and fur.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yeah, I just got my new camera for Christmas so i don't have any pics of her w/out the winter fuz :(

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.