The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got him home today. He's only going to be a trail horse but I am just curious to see what yall think of him.

Breed: Morgan cross (I know what he's crossed with but can you guess? His dam was a Morgan hehe)
Height: 14.2hh
Weight: 950 lbs
Trained in: He was broke by the Amish to work, ride and drive.

*He has this knot on his forehead, to me it looks like someone whacked him with something.. But it dosen't bother him and he is only going to be my trail buddy so no comments on it I just wanted to show it to yall incase you seen it in the other pictures :)

*And just because it's so cute, hehe, heres his white that goes into his lip, how cute :)

·
Registered
5,455 Posts
He should be a good sturdy mount. The knot could have been caused by a lot of things but youre right it doesn't matter in this case.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks :) Yeah it dosen't matter.. But you know you always wonder, right? lol

·
Registered
4,260 Posts
He's nice looking. Are the Amish in your area good to their horses? I know some of them around here are VERY rough on them. (No I don't mean they work them. I think horses working is a beautiful thing. I mean they under feed them and treat them bad.)

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
He's nice looking. Are the Amish in your area good to their horses? I know some of them around here are VERY rough on them. (No I don't mean they work them. I think horses working is a beautiful thing. I mean they under feed them and treat them bad.)

Well he came an hour and half from me and I didn't have personal dealings with them. I got him from the person that had bought him from the Amish so I really don't know.. I have known a lot in my actual area that are the same way though. For the past year he has been turned out on 80 acres of pasture and only been messed with a handful of times. And I was told, since he isn't gaited, that he didn't make a good cart horse for them and he is also VERY slow. But again I don't know how much truth there is to this.

·
Registered
272 Posts
He's so cute :)
Very pretty build. He's pretty stout.
I like stoutness, hehe..

I know some Amish people where I live (southern ohio), and they are rough on their horses.. I've seen some in rough conditions hauling them around :( .. Very skinny, and scars on their rumps.. When I see horses like that I call our local police, and they remove the horses, and rehome them. My friend is the one they call, and sometimes I help with the rescues :)

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks. Yeah, I know some who take very good care of their horses I guess it depends :) I love him.. No one has said anything bad about him, I know theres something LOL

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.