The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I'm new here. Haha. :) I just bought a new 3yo. Mustang Filly yesterday, and I was wondering what some of y'all thought about her as a Trail and Barrel prospect. Her name is Yazi which is Indian for "Little One". She jumps 3' under saddle, but hasn't been tried on jumps any higher yet. I know that these are by no means conformation shots, but I don't have her at my barn yet, and these are just the pictures that were sent to me prior to my buying her. After I get her to my barn, I'll take better picture. Thanks for the opinions!! :)

Yazi Under Saddle In The Round Pen

Yazi Jumping 3'

Yazi's Neck Brand (I was also wondering if anybody could read this, so I can get her papers. I know it says she was born in 06, but it's hard to make out the rest.)

·
Registered
6,285 Posts
She's got some funky back legs, but other than that I really like her. She has some of the coolest markings ever!

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Haha. :) The coolest one is actually on her belly!! Starting about right behind her front legs, she has a white stripe running half way down her stomach! It's so cute when she rolls!

·
Registered
167 Posts
you can call the mustang reg and they can tell you how to read it and what year she was born ect

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I kind of know how to read it. With the whole 8 point star and all, but these were a little difficult to read.... But thanks for the advice. I think I'll call once I get her here... :)

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
She's gorgeous. Can't critique much from the photos but she's a very pretty girl.
:]

·
Registered
5,061 Posts
She is very nice; I think she will make a very good all around prospect really...she seems to have decent conformation, although the saddle makes it hard to tell for sure exactly what's under there!

I am not a fan of jumping a 3 year old that high though...

·
Registered
23,909 Posts
She's very cute and doesn't look like typical mustang to me (more elegant looking).

But please, please, please, wait for her to be at least 4.5 - 5 to jump (especially THAT high!). You may ruin her legs forever.

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
She is so pretty! and I love her name!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Is she realy a mustang? She looks well bred. i see a bit of Arab in her. Its been a few years since I had my horse. I dont know every thing. Any one ealse getting that thought? I dont know to much about mustangs, but that freeze marking looked kind of Arabian to me? Is not it where that started way back when? If I am wrong, Tell me. :)

·
Registered
22,320 Posts
Definitely a mustang brand. The first symbol is exactly like what my 2 have. She is beautiful and very leggy. She ought to make an excellent horse for whatever you want to do. It would really help if you could get a pic of the brand straight on with her neck up so that we can see without the angles getting in the way. :D

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Oh, believe me, I will NOT be jumping her at this age. I definitely don't think horses her age should be jumped either. :) Yes, she really is a Mustang and her brand is the U.S. Gov't BLM brand, so I'm 100% positive she's a Mustang from the wild. :) I will get a lot of new pictures for everyone once I get her to my barn, so I can show you the brand and her other markings better! Thanks everyone for the compliments!

·
Registered
4,510 Posts
There's really no issue in free jumping a Mustang. I bet she's jumped off higher cliffs then that as a youngster. As a 3 year old, there's nothing wrong with the height she's jumping (though I sincerely doubt it's 3'0", looks a lot more like 2'6" to me). The knees on a horse are closed by 2.5-3 years old. At this point, riding her would be worse for her then free jumping her because it's her spine that hasn't fused yet.

I think she's absolutely gorgeous. I like Mustangs to begin with, but she's so refined and elegant, with seemingly very few faults. She's got nice stury legs, it'd be easier to tell you more with a proper conformation shot, but I think she's going to just please you from one sport to the next. :D

·
Registered
4,379 Posts
She's very cute and doesn't look like typical mustang to me (more elegant looking).

But please, please, please, wait for her to be at least 4.5 - 5 to jump (especially THAT high!). You may ruin her legs forever.
That's what I was thinking. The mustang mare we had and the others I have been around haven't been near that elegant/leggy looking. Not too surprising, though, considering the number of very nice/ refined horses that have gotten absorbed into some mustang herds.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.