The Horse Forum banner

Critique my old boy :) Heaps of pics

1302 Views 11 Replies 10 Participants Last post by  Clementine
This is Clyde :) I've had him for 3 years. He was my first horse, but I have another one that I got a year ago. He is an 18 year old qh x tb x arab x saddlebred. Please keep in mind that these pictures are from his third ride after a year off due to injury. He's pretty stiff and his rythm is a bit dodgy, but that will get a lot better with time. I'm really proud of him, he's really enjoying getting back into work. Please critique me and him, nothing too blunt though :) Sorry about the million pics... :O I actually reached the maximum :lol:

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I have a terrible habit of looking down, I know :D I think I'll leave my stirrups how they are, he has a short stride so having my stirrups long helps. If they were shorter I would be in the air too long. But thankyou very much :)

· Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks heaps everyone, I rode him today and concentrated on keeping my elbows in and my thumbs on top and he went really well :) He picked up his front feet better too, and he's using his back a lot more, great advice :D And he's getting really supple now, getting back into the swing of it :) Thanks again!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.