The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
5,300 Posts
Couple of observations:

Looks like a fairly well conformed TB, but without a real conformation shot (with somebody standing her up square) it's hard to make more than general observations.

Her trot work looks really good, I'm guessing you score 7s for some of your trot work in dressage tests? Her canter transitions need work, and her canter is not as confirmed as the trot.

Her front end over fences is good, but the still photo shows her galloping and diving over the little fence, and laying on her right side a little. On the stadium course on the video, frankly, she looks hot and somewhat difficult to ride. I can't imagine what she'd be look like with a lower level rider.

You don't mention her age or what all she's done. Is she off the track? How long has she been in training? How much has she shown or evented?

Based on what you've shown, I do think she's a good eventing prospect. Would have to see her form over a bigger fence to evaluate her as a sj prospect.

Biggest limitations on sale price are that she looks to require a very tactful, experienced rider and that she's only doing beginner novice right now.

Hope that's helpful.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I have to agree fully with maura, she knows what she's talking about.

Expecially with the confo shots. Get her round, and her head forward. When selling a horse, they want to see all the angles of the horse, and get like... a visual of the horse before bothering to go look at her.

5k seems like a reasonable price.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Haha Thanks for the critique
I am surprised you think that shes hot and I look like an experienced rider, for which I am not. To be honest I think she is a relatively easy horse to ride apart from slowing down. Apart from i have put novice friends on her and she has been pretty uncontrollable for them.
Previous to me she had been eventing to 1m and elementary dressage and the owner before her was doing 1.10m eventing. For me she has just been injured so I am starting right from the bottom again and unfortunately do not have the time or money to continue her.
She is 14 (hard to belive) and she did race but she wasnt very good at it :p

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
She looks a little hot towards the end of the course, but that doesnt bother me in a jumper, unless the horse is downright uncontrolable. He downward transition into a trot could be better. She looks like shes having fun stadium jumping. I like to see that in a horse. If I was shopping for a horse, and she was close enough I would definatly give her a look. I really like her.

I prefer no flash when I ride a horse. What is she like without it?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

The only shot I have of a bigger Fence
And this is what she looks like with a novice rider.

And this is her showjumping with an old owner

·
Banned
752 Posts
Confo-wise she's decent, she's just got a real rugged look about her to me.

Her legs, shoulder and withers remind me of an eventer.

The video didn't work for me, so no critique there.

·
Banned
5,300 Posts
Okay, well, my opinion of your riding just went up even higher. :)

And it was pretty high watching you manage her defensiveness in the dressage test and her motor revving during the stadium on the video

Both of the new jumping shots you posted aren't great. Not as tight with her front end as in the video with you; and with her forearm lower than horizontal. Not low enought to be considered dangerous, but certainly enough for me to think she's limited, and would be better competing at lower levels.

The photo of the novice on her speaks volumes. When I watched the video of her stadium course I was thinking "Very nearly 'professional ride only'", which, frankly is the kiss of death when trying to sell a horse.

So you've got a horse that is best suited to Beginner Novice or Novice eventing, who's capable of a pretty good dressage test with a skilled rider.

I would market her to a "C" or maybe "B" Pony Clubber who doesn't mind something with a little bit of "go".

You don't state what part of the country you're in, so I don't have a guess as to what that type of horse would bring in your location.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I am in Hawkes Bay, New Zealand.
And about her jumping, she has never really been in full work with me due to being out with various injuries. I plan to do a lot of grid work with her and tighten up her front end A LOT with grid work etc.
I bought her as a confidence builder for my riding and she has done wonders.
I dont think she would go much higher than a meter

I still find it funny that im am considered a good rider haha

·
Registered
5,061 Posts
She's a very nice looking mare... If I knew where you were, I'd probably come steal her from ya! Lol! She looks like a fun ride, and aside from needing some work, especially in her transitions, would be good at alot of different things, I think. She's got an amazing stride, especially at the trot!!

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Maybe this is because I have a very hot TB, but she actually looks like a very slow, easy to ride horse to me... I saw her rev up a little for the jumps, but nothing uncontrollable. He transitions definitely need work, but they aren't horrible.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.