The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i would like you to critique my bay. we are not sure what breed she is and i would like to know what you think of her confirmation and what breed she might be.

this is also the same horse in lilkitty's post.

Attachments

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
feet

we know her feet were bad at this time was when it took a while til we could find a better farrier. pasture fugus was on her in a few pics as well.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Im not very good at confo stuff, but I'll give it a try :).

First I must say she's very pretty :). She looks as if she's toed in, but it could also be the angle... Her chest is quite narrow, what are you using her for?

·
Registered
8,193 Posts
She looks quite thoroughbred-y, I'd say she's either a full tb or a cross. Does she have any brands?? Looks like she's got a TB wither!

As for a confo critique, the biggest thing that jumps out at me is that she is very narrow, her front legs out out of the same hole and the shoulder is a bit steep, but overall there's nothing that screams 'bad conformation!' at me. She's a nice mare, not anything hugely special in the looks department, but cute, nice and will probably dabble in a bit of everything.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i use her for pleasure trail.she was a rescue that was beat on a lot. she was very distrusting and head shy. we have had her around 8-9 months now and she is a great horse, but still a bit head shy with other ppl. she is said to be around 5 yrs. thank u for your comments,

·
Banned
5,300 Posts
Very prominent wither and prominent croup; very short/underdeveloped quarters. (By this I mean the distance from the point of her hip back to her tail is very short proportionate to the rest of her.) Built narrow as the previous poster said. Also agree with TB or TB cross. I think she would look very different with some muscle and condition.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.