The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a mare my little sister is interested in, what do you think?

My sister would just be riding for fun, may do some halter shows or games but I don't know if she will be jumping or not.

·
Registered
3,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Edited to say
She is
Height: 14h
Reg-no
trained-lesson pony to teach kids balance, done some flat work dressage, and she is jumping about 1 ft right now. She goes through water, ditches anything.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Dani,
I love her face, mane, and tail. They all have a very attractive look, and her markings are quite unique. However, she seems to be a bit obese for her height, but it could be just the video. This girl seems to have a beautiful trot, especially over the cavalettis'. Her canter appears to be smooth and she is picking up her leads nicely. It's always good to get a horse that has been used for lessons, as they are usually well-trained and have seen it all (so to speak). Has your sister tried her out yet? What is her price and how experienced is your sister? What exactly is your sister wanting to do with her and how tall/heavy (weight) is your sister?

·
Registered
562 Posts
she looks quite green for a beginner rider. i dont know what level your sister is, but i see too many signs of a green pony in this horse, enough that i wouldnt consiter her for a beginner at all

·
Registered
8,176 Posts
I agree. She looks like she'll need a rider who is very clear and consistent with their aids. Definitely not a beginner's horse.

·
Registered
3,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, my sister talked to my dad last night and he doesn't want to take her all the way out to get her :)( ) She is 3.5 hours away from here so sadly she isn't trying her out.

Thank you everyone though for helping with your input!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.