The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My mom will be riding Molly as we recently found out she can't jump. I love her so much already but I want to do eventing, so she'll be my moms horse if I can find an eventer. Well, my mom put the word out on facebook (her only form of communication these days) that we were looking for one, and what do you know, a day later her student at Lake Erie College messaged her saying she had the perfect horse. Please no stealing! Not that most of you would, just putting it out there ;-)
http://www.horseclicks.com/horses/fs309g
critique away!
Posted via Mobile Device
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
23,642 Posts
He looks quite cute. I would definitely go see him and test him out before committing to him though. "He's out of work and needs some TLC " worries me a bit. A good friend took a look at him and said "sounds like he might be used up" -- that might explain the low, low price.
If you're interested, go see him and get a complete PPE. He's super cute from those photos, though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
23,909 Posts
I'm with JDI, TLC sounds pretty suspicious. I really hope he looks right now same as at those pics. What a jump, btw! And I love his name - it's just so funny!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
135 Posts
In all of the cross country pictures he looks really strong which worries me. When you're jumping 3' you want to focus on distance and your time not your horse taking off, getting bad distances and falling. I like riding powerful respectful horses out there, not a horse who wants to take me for a ride. That is what really worries me, I don't know your riding ability, or if your comfortable with that, and it might juust be the pictures, but before you purchase make sure you school him on a cross country course so you know how he acts in a ring and out of it. Good luck!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
SH, I'll be sure to try him on a cross country course before I buy. I've also decided to wait until the doctor says I can ride with my broken collarbone to go down and see him, which is 6 out of the 10 weeks I'm down....June 15th I can ride again minimally, July 13th it will be completely healed. Just so I can ride him before I buy, and not just my mom or trainer.
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top