The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This a a thoroughbred I'm considering buying. Obviously he needs to put on weight and muscle, but I can do that

Opinions and critique?

Attachments

·
Registered
4,047 Posts
Thin thin thin....

Slightly over at the knee. May be rough coupled but weight would help that a LOT. Downhill. Straight through the hocks. Maybe lightly ewe necked.

Balanced looking. Good bone. Angle at point of shoulder slightly closed. is that dirt on his left hind cannon?

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Oh gosh.... Very thin :-/
Any way, I can't tell if the horse is thin, or if it has weak hind quarters. Slight ewe neck, but again, can't tell as it's very thin.
If you happen to buy it, what are you using it for and when its put on weight maybe you could give us a couple more pictures, so we can see properly if the confirmation faults are only there because he's thin?

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Like Elena, I'm interested by that left hind cannon... Something funky is going on there. I think most things wrong with him, apart from the legs, can be 'fixed' by weight and muscle. I'd want a lot better photos of those legs before I really considered him though.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It is dirt on his left cannon, his field was mudddyyyy. I'd just be using him for trail riding and maybe a little gymkhana
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
7,135 Posts
Post legged, slightly built downhill, but the worst conformation fault IMO is the front legs. I would pass. Her athleticism has been compromised by build and the racetrack and you'll be waiting for her in the future to recover from recurring front leg failure.
Pass on her.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Post legged, slightly built downhill, but the worst conformation fault IMO is the front legs. I would pass. Her athleticism has been compromised by build and the racetrack and you'll be waiting for her in the future to recover from recurring front leg failure.
Pass on her.
You don't think he'd be fine for pleasure riding?

·
Registered
4,047 Posts
Fine for pleasure riding and I bet more.

If you get him and get weight on him I would love to see this photo again next to him with weight on.
Posted via Mobile Device

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.