The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
He is an 8 yr old QH ,15h , he's just been sittin in the pasture for about two months getting fat and lazy... curious about what his faults may be...what he may be suited for...if anything sticks out that may limit his athletic abilities.

Horse Mammal Vertebrate Halter Horse tack

Horse Mammal Vertebrate Bridle Rein

Horse Mammal Vertebrate Shetland pony Stallion

Horse Mammal Mane Mare Stallion

Horse Mammal Mare Mane Stallion

Horse Leg Working animal Mare Stallion

Horse Mammal Vertebrate Stallion Mare

Horse Mammal Vertebrate Mare Stallion

Leg Human leg Tights Footwear Thigh

Horse Mammal Vertebrate Halter Bridle

·
Registered
49,728 Posts
if you look at this photo, you can see that your cute QH is "bench kneed". this means the upper foreleg is offset to one side from the lower foreleg. also , there is some twist in the front left leg. This is a horse that might not make a good jumper, due to the front legs not being straight enough.

he's very cute, with a bit of a belly. how's the worming schedule?

·
Registered
4,047 Posts
Horse is pretty nice except for being BADLY bench knee'd. Needs to be worked and lose weight!

If you work him very hard he may or may not develop splints or knee issues.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hes just used for trails and some play day type events..arena races and such..played a little with on barrels for fun
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
423 Posts
I think the gelding is not overly fat.. got a hay belly for sure but not really fatty fat.. just out of shape - I think he would benefit from nice 60- 90 min trail rides in walk / trot to begin with an maybe little hill work if you are blessed with hills in your area (I am from IL to the nearest hill would be a trash hill :( here )

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hay belly for sure!! yes he needs a good workout..but has been in pasture due to some health issues first with myself then my mother and was constantly back and forth with her . I'm in south Ga ...have some hills ... won't be doing anything too strenuous with this guy...I'm a mainly mosey the trails kinda gal.

·
Registered
423 Posts
hay belly for sure!! yes he needs a good workout..but has been in pasture due to some health issues first with myself then my mother and was constantly back and forth with her . I'm in south Ga ...have some hills ... won't be doing anything too strenuous with this guy...I'm a mainly mosey the trails kinda gal.
- I am sure nice trail rides on regular basis will be good for your horse physique and will uplift your spirits as well :) Take deep breaths while outside :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.