The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These are some pics of her before she went to the place I am getting her from.
Horse Mammal Vertebrate Horse supplies Mane

Horse Mammal Vertebrate Horse supplies Stallion

Horse Mammal Vertebrate Horse supplies Rein

And here are some pictures of her after the person got her. This is her current condition. Please critique her as best as you can.

Horse Mammal Vertebrate Mare Mane

Mammal Vertebrate Horse Pack animal Mare

She is the horse on the left.
Horse Mammal Vertebrate Halter Bridle

I want to use her for jumping and english pleasure. She is currently 16hh.

·
Registered
4,502 Posts
Good solid shoulder on her
Plenty of depth through the chest
Neck is set high and is long
Over at the knee
Back is borderline long as well
Bum high, which is odd for a TB since they are usually built more uphill
I like her hindquarters, though they could use just a bit more muscle to match her front end
Posty in the back legs

·
Banned
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good solid shoulder on her
Plenty of depth through the chest
Neck is set high and is long
Over at the knee
Back is borderline long as well
Bum high, which is odd for a TB since they are usually built more uphill
I like her hindquarters, though they could use just a bit more muscle to match her front end
Posty in the back legs
So would she be okay with jumping? Also, what does posty in back legs mean?
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
7,222 Posts
posty means that there isn't enough angle to her legs :) they're very straight.

·
Registered
4,047 Posts
A bit posty through the hocks and she tends to stand camped under. She is a bit down hill and she appears pigeon beasted. Her hind hocks are large, roomy and well placed (low).

Her front legs are light and her point of shoulder is set a bit low. If you jump this horse she probably will make a 2' or 2'6" horse and I would put some sort of support on her front legs (professional choice boots or something that supports her fetlock joint and tendons).

See how it goes. She may jump OK.. flat and with knees adequately high to make an equitation horse. Or she may surprise you.... and be scopier than her conformation says she will be. That sometimes happens.

·
Banned
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
A bit posty through the hocks and she tends to stand camped under. She is a bit down hill and she appears pigeon beasted. Her hind hocks are large, roomy and well placed (low).

Her front legs are light and her point of shoulder is set a bit low. If you jump this horse she probably will make a 2' or 2'6" horse and I would put some sort of support on her front legs (professional choice boots or something that supports her fetlock joint and tendons).

See how it goes. She may jump OK.. flat and with knees adequately high to make an equitation horse. Or she may surprise you.... and be scopier than her conformation says she will be. That sometimes happens.
Thank you. Your reply was very helpfull!
Posted via Mobile Device
Posted via Mobile Device

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.