Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi:
From these pictures, can anyone give me their thoughts? My first thought is that her legs seem kind've short. After that, other than her being kinda fat looking, well, I haven't a clue. LOL

Attachments

·
Registered
3,113 Posts
She looks like a typical drafty Haflinger to me, very chubby and cute. Though her fronts look like they need some work, could be the pic though...

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
She looks overweight (then again - so are my haflingers right now) and cute. Other than that - its really hard to tell anything else from these pictures since they are not good conformation shots.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, I know. I just wanted more of a general first impression since I know nothing about them. A lady near me wants me to buy her

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
She looks to be older style. Now that I took a closer look at the pics - I would be worried about those fronts being foundered.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hmmm, I know they look a bit odd to me, but that's as far as my knowledge goes. Maybe that's what it is, then. I know one can't tell much from these pics, but I'm glad I can post them here and get your comments. It gives me a head's up, on a potential issue.

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
Well at least you know now. A previously foundered horse can be sound if well managed. However, it worries me that they let her get overweight with a history of founder. She would be one that would have to have her diet watched carefully to prevent it from happening again.

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
I think she looks very nice over all. Your typical older style drafty Haflinger, very pretty. The only thing I "see" is she needs a good hoof trim.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.