The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hehe, thought this would be fun to critque me!

First off, going english on Malibu, my appendix QH mare. I swear she had her head nice and level for most of the ride until we started snapping pictures. I would like to do some jumping, hunter stuff with her, but right now she is so arena sour, I dunno what I am going to do with her. Might just have to go back to my plan of leasing her out as a trail horse.

And then going western on Donavon, this is the cute little cabbet (sp?) arabian that my BO saved out of the kill pen about a month ago. Poor guy for the longest time we thought he was a mare! He is such a sweetie, I am seriously contemplating getting him for myself. I think with some work he would look really cute going english.

Cheesy smile! :lol:

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh and sorry the pictures are kind of dark, my camera doesn't do well inside.

·
Registered
2,747 Posts
i cant see very well...but try not to do "piano hands", try to keep your thumbs on the top :)

·
Registered
47 Posts
for English riding:
try not to be so hard on the bit. Let your hands flow so you're not pulling on the horse's mouth.

RELAX. It looks like you're stiff. Roll your shoulders. Being stiff actually makes the horse get nervous too... they can sense your feelings.

look up. always remember to look up and straight. The horse will follow where you are looking more likely than just randomly walking.

·
Registered
549 Posts
ENGLISH:: I think your hands should sit a little bit more forward and hold them down a little more (they are a little high) and your holding onto the horses mouth from what I can see. Your heel is down and your leg looks good though.

47 Posts
Well your hands need to be as low as you can and for the chestnut the horse needs to be at the same level head but a lot more bundled. but she has a nise gait. and for the white one remember western is very slow and he needs to be lower and more bundled but on a loose reign. i will post pics of how your supposed to be.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This thread is 3 years old, but thanks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.