The Horse Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have been wondering and even though my horse isn't quite ready to be shown in eventing anytime soon, I've been wondering what colors for cross country would be good for him? I want something that isn't like hunter green or navy blue, thats just boring.

·
Registered
8,220 Posts
Well, pick whatever colors you want - but Eventing isn't about what colors to go with, it is about your training and performance that is most important.

I would think Burgundy would look nice. Or black and yellow with black being your primary color with a bit of yellow. Or purple.

·
Registered
702 Posts
^^ Purple is awesome. Just thought I'd put that out there lol.
I know that horses dont care but I feel bad if I use a girly color on a male horse xD.
Burgundy would be nice or royal blue (thats what I use :D) maybe light blue.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Get a crazy saddle pad with a big bold print. :D

I'm so simple in my taste. Cougar wears black and white but I decided to be a bit bold and put on a bright green fuzzy on his breast plate.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, pick whatever colors you want - but Eventing isn't about what colors to go with, it is about your training and performance that is most important.

I would think Burgundy would look nice. Or black and yellow with black being your primary color with a bit of yellow. Or purple.
thanks and yeah I know it's based on training and performance but I want to plan ahead the colors for us
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was thinking a blue and red. It's boyish and I've seen a chestnut in it.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
400 Posts
Maybe burgundy with silver accents? Or royal blue with yellow?

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
i like doing xc with a white pad [unless im on a grey or a paint/pinto] it pops but does not distract from the horse & i think its classy with white boots =] i will also use hunter and/or navy

·
Registered
3,028 Posts
I always do XC in Navy Blue and Sunburst Yellow. I picked a base color that wasn't obnoxiously loud but then accented it with a bright color. Looks pretty spiffy :D

·
Registered
3,475 Posts
Haha Allison, love it!

I have Royal blue an black. I wear all black and hve a blue vest, watch, crop, and helmet cover. Geof has blue an black boots and a blue saddle pad. It looks nice on both of us. :) I say purple. Or a nice emerald green
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
16,645 Posts
Haha Allison, love it!

I have Royal blue an black. I wear all black and hve a blue vest, watch, crop, and helmet cover. Geof has blue an black boots and a blue saddle pad. It looks nice on both of us. :) I say purple. Or a nice emerald green
Posted via Mobile Device

HA!! Tell the TRUTH!

You use black and blue to match all those bruises you get from falling off!:twisted:

·
Registered
3,475 Posts
Oh shiznap!!!!! You got me :p I can't think of a comeback right now, please check back later
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
3,475 Posts
Oh shiznap!!!!! You got me :p I can't think of a comeback right now, please check back later
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I think Blue and Red would look good, and also matches the ribbons I hope to win :p

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
I wear bright red and black with matching tape, boots, hat silk, whip, nummnah and browband you have to look put together really!

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
I'm also a bit boring, lol. My colors are black and hunter green. Perfect because they go with any horse I happen to be riding.

I'd suggest burgundy and navy blue. Personally I'm not a fan of the loud, bright colors. I think it looks kind of tacky, but that's just me.

·
Registered
3,475 Posts
Ive seen bright colors done very well. Case and point-Lucinda Fredricks
Posted via Mobile Device

1 - 20 of 23 Posts