The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So, I went out to school yesterday, and one of my horse buddies, QHDragon, came with. She snapped these pics, plus made up a youtube video. =] I don't need tips; I have a trainer for that, but if you see anything, feel free to mention it. I was in the process of learning how to ride with bridged reins- I don't do it enough to be perfect at giving over the fence. I felt like I was juggling way too much stuff in my hands! =] As for the "stair" jump, I needed more leg! I could feel myself getting tired from all the canter work my trainer was having us do. Treadmill, here I come! ^.^ Perfect practice this week will give us a good run on Sunday, our first event, where we are moving up to Novice for the first time everrrrr. Super-excited. =]
Video:

·
Registered
400 Posts
Looking good! I won't critique, but I will say that a bigger release would help your horse round out over the fence and have tighter knees. Getting the feel for the bridge will come with practice - it's such a weird thing to ride with at first! :) What breed is your horse? She looks JUST like an Irish mare I used to ride.

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Can't watch the video on the computer but, great pictures!
You look nice and secure to me. :]

Beautiful horse.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dante: Haha Zip [a gelding!] is actually a solid-bred paint. =] He's got Zip's Chocolate Chip lines, and was bred to barrel race and cut cows. He's scared of cows. Thanks for the advice on the bigger release- I have to say, the bridge plus him being a tad strong meant I was kinda doing the "Eeepp" movement over the fences. xD

Gillian: Thanks so much! [The video was taken on a cell phone anyways, the pictures illustrate everything well enough. xD]

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
The pictures for being taken by a 2.0 megapixel cellphone turned out pretty darn good if I do say so myself.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.