The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys im from the uk and I noticed a lot of people on here from the states canada and oz mention cross tying

when i groom a horse they tend to be tied by one rope to the tie attatched to the tie ring on the wall somtimes with a haynet so they can have a munch.

is this much different to what others do? if you tie up differently why do you do it that way?? just after some thoughts

Read more: http://www.horseforum.com/horse-grooming/crosstying-question-50879/#ixzz0jCHyViB8

·
Banned
1,901 Posts
Nope, what you're referring to is called single tying. Diff'rent strokes for different folks. My boy is an angel on cross ties, but he fidgets and swings himself all around on a single tie. No hay for him, he's not that much of a good boy :)

There's also ground typing, which isn't really tying at all, but the horse standing perfectly still as long as you leave him there.

·
Registered
697 Posts
I prefer to "single tie", but all my horses cross tie as well. I like them to just stand without me having to tie when I'm at home though.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thats kool like I said on the same thread I posted on the grooming forum I love listening to how other people in some cases from other countries work with thier horses

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.