The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided to work a second job for a while and my reward for my efforts was to spoil myself with a little bit of horse stuff (of course). So last fall I ordered some custom tack - navy blue nylon halter/bridle and breastplate with gold embroidery. Love it. Then I wanted a saddle pad to match. So I had the custom tack people send a piece of the tack material to a lady that makes custom saddle pads. She said she could match it perfectly, no problem. She said that it matched her "royal blue" material. I thought nothing of this, since the names of color variations may be different from one company to another. She spent a lot of time helping me design the saddle pad.

I finally received my saddle pad. It is gorgeous. I love it. She spent a lot of time on and and it is much better than I had hoped. Only problem is that it doesn't match the tack at all. Not even close. I'm soooo bummed. :cry:

I wanted it all to be navy, but the saddle pad is definitely royal blue. I think the tack people sent the saddle pad lady the wrong color of material. I don't think it was her fault. I hate to be a snot and complain, but I spent a lot of money and a lot of time trying to get it perfect. This was one of those "once in a lifetime" type purchases. What can I do? Any ideas?

I'll attach pics of them together. I think I'll try them out on her this weekend and see if it looks okay. But I wanted it to look fantastic, not just okay. :-(

Attachments

·
Banned
12,825 Posts
Hind site type statement. Next time why not ask her to send you a photo of the color she has that is just right so you can compare it yourself prior to her putting all the work into it.

At this point, I think you are stuck.

You might ask her to show you the color of the sample the custom tack people sent to her. If it is the color of your tack and she picked the wrong color then yes, complain.
If she was provided with the wrong color then it is not her fault. You can try calling the custom tack people but in the big picture they were doing you a favor.

I think they will look good together, actually. Your tack does not look navy to me.

·
Registered
23,909 Posts
I may be a color blinded :lol:, but I actually think they look good together. The blue color on both still matches and the pad being lighter color definitely adds the brightness to the whole combination.

·
Banned
12,825 Posts
I may be a color blinded :lol:, but I actually think they look good together. The blue color on both still matches and the pad being lighter color definitely adds the brightness to the whole combination.
That was my thought too.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for saying they look nice, but I guess the clashing isn't as obvious in the picture as it is in real life. The tack is definitely navy. It is almost black. My husband is clueless about colors and stuff and before I even said anything, he saw it and said they didn't match at all. Yes, the royal blue makes it brighter, but I don't like bright blue. I like deeper colors. There is a ton of gold embroidery on them, so having two different blues with the embroidery looks goofy.

I know that there is really nothing I can do. I'll just have to put them together and live with it. I just hate that, since I spent a small fortune on them and have waited since November to get the saddle pad. It's just disappointing. I know this seems like a small thing, but it's been a rough month around here so I'm more bummed about it than I probably would be normally. I'll try to be positive about it (a struggle lately) because Honey will be home from the trainer's soon and she's been doing fantastically. I'll get to try it all out on her soon. Maybe it won't look so bad with the saddle and everything. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Have you thought of maybe trying to use some type of fabric dye? I know around here I can find it at WalMart and almost any grocery store.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I thought of the dye, but the gold embroidery would get dyed as well. The embroidery is so detailed, there's no way to dye around it.
Here it is:

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.