The Horse Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
AQHA gelding “Nico”
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I’m helping my non-horsey neighbor sell two cutting saddles. Her father was big into cutting his whole life, and recently passed away.

The main one is in very good condition, and just needs stirrups. 16 inch seat, fleece, rigging and everything else appears to be in great shape. Maker is Piland Saddlery of San Angelo, TX. Beautiful acorn & flower leatherwork, as you can see from the pics, and conchos appear to be sterling silver.

The old trophy saddle (single picture…all others are the other saddle) needs to be refleeced, and some other TLC. Maker is RD Mork, and is best described as either good for starting colts, or if someone wants a repair project.

Will sell together or separate. $1,500 OBO for Piland saddle alone. Make offer if you want both, or just the RD Mork trophy saddle. I’d be buying the Piland cutting saddle for myself, but it doesn’t fit my gelding. Reasonable offers welcome, as my neighbor just wants them sold at a fair price, to someone who will enjoy them as much as her dad did. Message me with any additional questions, thank you!
Bicycle saddle Sculpture Wood Art Bicycle part

Luggage and bags Bag Sculpture Art Grass

Wood Armrest Tints and shades Human leg Chair

Musical instrument Wood Headgear Church bell Idiophone

Tire Wheel Wood Home appliance Bicycle part

Window Art Interior design Wood Floor

· Registered
8,079 Posts
@Yellsback since you mentioned the main saddle doesn't fit your horse... how does it fit? I'm still looking for a saddle for my flat, mutton-withered, barrel-shaped, short-backed 13'2hh Pony.

· Registered
AQHA gelding “Nico”
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
@Yellsback since you mentioned the main saddle doesn't fit your horse... how does it fit? I'm still looking for a saddle for my flat, mutton-withered, barrel-shaped, short-backed 13'2hh Pony.
Hi @ACinATX - my gelding has very high withers, and a lot of shape to his shoulders. When I put it on him, it seemed to be a bit tight through his shoulders. I honestly could have made it work, BUT I’d rather spend the money on ordering a custom saddle for him, rather than another one that just kind-of fits.

I’m really not well-versed in saddle fitting. 😕
Would it help if I measured the gullet for you?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts