The Horse Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bet you've all read about my dad's accident in the Gen forum. He is still at the hospital, but allowed out for fresh air. He is wheelchair-bound now because of the hip surgey he had done. He can't move much, but he looks alot better than I had seen him the day of the accident.

Anyways, today he visted "ol Grumpy' today. I had to catch him in the FAR FAR field, where the cows were. And he was a ANGEL with dad. Did not pull away or bite him. He was super well behaved.

·
Registered
723 Posts
what an angel to let your dad love on him. your dad looks really happy to be with him

·
Banned
5,300 Posts
Awwwwww. That's incredibly sweet. What a great thing to do for your Dad.

I can completely empathize. The first thing I did when I got home from the hospital after surgery was to hobble to the gate to visit the horses.

Thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
13,266 Posts
I actually almost got tearry looking at the pictures! :lol:
Having been there (what your dad went through), I definitely remember the first time I was ever able to leave and go outside. Horses are the most incredible thing and its a miracle he was able to go out and make such a visit. Bless your heart for making this little miracle happen. Make sure you get him to go out often.

Keep us posted on your dad's recovery :)

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks everyone, it actually made my dad's day alot better. Theraputic, no? haha. He cant wait to ride him again!

And, little update, he is going to be in a wheel-chair for 2 months at least, which is a plus to us!

·
Banned
12,825 Posts
What great photos!

Some animals just seem to know when they are doing something special.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts