The Horse Forum banner

Dante's Birthday, and another step towards me being the "crazy horse lady!" ;)

2K views 15 replies 10 participants last post by  dantexeventer 
#1 ·
Dante's Birthday, and another step towards me being the "crazy horse lady!" ;)

Although Dante is a JC-registered Thoroughbred, and thus technically ages up on January 1st, he was born on April 9th and so that is when he gets cake. :) I didn't get terrific pictures this year as I have the past couple of years with my last horse, as it was evening, and grey, and Dante had been rained on haha! But here are some of the pictures - he thoroughly enjoyed his rainbow sprinkle cake! (Please ignore the fact that I look like a fat cow...dieting and running season has now commenced! Haha!)

See less See more
#4 ·
Hahah well I suppose I'm not a fat cow, but I have spent far too much time this winter watching Monty Python and eating chocolate...not good!
The cake was delish, I think my trainer and I ate more of it than Dante!

#6 ·
Hahaha thank you! All of my poor, long-suffering horses get party hats...but in exchange for that indignity, they also get lots of homemade treats! :)

#8 ·
Aww, thank you :) Dante is my little prince, he can pretty much bat his eyes at me and get what he wants...so bad haha!

#9 ·
You are sooo pretty!

Dante looks like he enjoyed his cake!
I have no clue when my horse's b-day is so I am going to make one up so she can have her special day and have all the glory :)

The cake looks yummy. I have a recipe book just for horses..I'm going to go find it and make a cake now!

#12 ·
April ponies are the best - I've had three Aries horses in a row! Haha! Somehow it works, even though I'm a Cancer ;) I can post the recipe if you guys want - the cake is really yummy, basically just a carrot cake!

#14 ·
Aw thanks, haha! I guess when you have a stringbean Thoroughbred, guilt starts to kick in after a while haha! Mmmm, I want to make another one of those cakes just to have in the house, but it involves grating carrots which is sooooo tedious.

#16 ·
I wasn't really calling myself fat, I made an off-hand and joking comment about looking like a cow. Obviously I don't actually think I'm fat :P Butttt I do think that as an eventer (or, heck, a rider in general!) it's my responsibility to be in shape so that my stringbean doesn't have to work twice as hard to get us around a course! Haha! So no, I'm not fat and I'm perfectly happy with how I look, but I totes need to hit the treadmill and put down the Nutella to get ready for event season! I owe that much to my pony!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.