December 2019 Photo of the Month is...

Votes: 8 57.1%

Votes: 6 42.9%
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Super Moderator
22,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The theme for this month is traditional Horses and Christmas/seasonal photos. So you can participate with a Christmas/season related photo of a horse.

You will have from December 6 to December 18 for entering your photo.

Please enter your one photo as a reply to this thread.

After the entry deadline of December 18, the thread will be closed and a poll will be put up as a way for voting.

Reactions: loosie

·
Super Moderator
22,806 Posts

·
Super Moderator
22,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK, seems that we've just 2 participants. The poll has been set up! Please vote!

·
Registered
9,043 Posts
There is still time to add pictures isn't there? I thought the poll closes on 1-1-20?

Some folks have a hard time finding this these threads...

·
Super Moderator
22,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
There is still time to add pictures isn't there? I thought the poll closes on 1-1-20?

Some folks have a hard time finding this these threads...

Here it is...:

After the entry deadline of December 18, the thread will be closed and a poll will be put up as a way for voting.
This means that in this case, the enrollment/entry was closed in Dec the 18th, after that the poll was set up (I'm considering photos which were posted before that) and you are allowed vote till Jan the 1st.

Thank you for your feedback. I'll absolutely consider it in future and make this thing easier to perceive.

@loosie : That's just a "header" photo for the competition thread, so I don't think that I'm going to participate with it :wínk:. Thanks anyways!

@Knave: great photo! Perhaps you can participate with it in the next year or sooner if it fits in some other competition theme.

Reactions: Knave

·
Registered
9,043 Posts
Couldn't find this thread anywhere!
Too late for these cuties, they stopped the entries on December 18 :frown_color:

The Photo of the Month thread used to be on the main screen and was always very popular! Had a really hard time finding it at all this year...totally missed everything after March I think. Oh well, times change

·
Registered
876 Posts
Too late for these cuties, they stopped the entries on December 18 :frown_color:

The Photo of the Month thread used to be on the main screen and was always very popular! Had a really hard time finding it at all this year...totally missed everything after March I think. Oh well, times change
Yeah, I figured that out too late, too. =/

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
The Photo of the Month thread used to be on the main screen and was always very popular! Had a really hard time finding it at all this year...totally missed everything after March I think.
I also think that it's hard to find (although I participated alot in it); you have to really look for it. Seems to make for a less people participating. Maybe put it in a more active section?

·
Super Moderator
22,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
@AnitaAnne , @kewpalace , @egrogan :

I'll try to figure out if I can make whole this thing more visible. I think we're talking about some technical issue here.

I've usually updated the new competition to begin during the few first days (lets say usually between the 1st and the 6th day) of the month, depending on it how I'm online myself. When the competition running task was handed to me, it was like: approximately the first 2 weeks of the month - enter the photos and approximately the last 2 weeks of the month - vote for those entered photos.

However, I appreciate your feedback and absolutely will consider what you've said. I'll create the next (Jan 2020 Photo of the Month) competition as it has been, and hope that we'll have some improvements when I set up the competition for Feb 2020.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts