The Horse Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, so today I went out and got a book, since I am a beginner I just got the book 'Draw 50 horses' but the steps are apparently easy to fallow and there are good outcomes from this book :) My friend has it and she recommended it, but it was not in stock, so I ordered it I should be getting it in a week delivered :) I got some good quality sketching pencils, and a sketching pad. :) Is there anything that I missed that I should have boughten also? I will post my first pieces when I get my book and I finish one. Please go easy on it when I do post it since it will be my first time haha. But havn't got it yet.

thanksss,
ponycrazy <3

·
Registered
8,193 Posts
Good on you :D

Yep all you'll need to begin with is a reasonable quality sketching book with smooth paper (rough surfaces are harder when you're starting out ;)), a couple of pencils (I like to start people with an HB, 2B and 6B as it gives you a good enough range of tones to get a feel of how different tones of pencils can affect your work), a good eraser and a good sharpener. Then go for your life!!

Drawing books like the one you're getting are very good at teaching a new artist about proportions and basic shapes and perspectives. Once you've mastered all of the drawings in there by following it step by step, I suggest going back again and trying to just draw the final product without drawing all the steps in. From there start on horse photos :)

Good luck :D

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good on you :D

Yep all you'll need to begin with is a reasonable quality sketching book with smooth paper (rough surfaces are harder when you're starting out ;)), a couple of pencils (I like to start people with an HB, 2B and 6B as it gives you a good enough range of tones to get a feel of how different tones of pencils can affect your work), a good eraser and a good sharpener. Then go for your life!!

Drawing books like the one you're getting are very good at teaching a new artist about proportions and basic shapes and perspectives. Once you've mastered all of the drawings in there by following it step by step, I suggest going back again and trying to just draw the final product without drawing all the steps in. From there start on horse photos :)

Good luck :D

Thanks soooo much!! This actually really helped me alot I was using those ones you told me to and It really helps not being all confused about the pencils haha.

anyways
thanksss.
ponycrazy

1 - 3 of 3 Posts