The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before anyone says it I consulted a vet. My Hank has a rash, a bad rash that is getting worse with the season. It improves in the winter and returns with vengeance in the summer. The local fully licensed Doctor of Veterinary medicine said "idk looks like a rash. You can buy this toad juice from us, it might help"
It did not. I have tried Hydrocortisone. No improvement or worsening.
That shows that it is not a fungus. Fungus love steroids. But still tried anti-fungal. Several kinds with no relief. Also during all this and other times tried two different antihistamines that did not help at all. He is so itchy and it is spreading. The local vet us obviously useless and thought to turn to here. I can put up more pictures and provide more info as needed. Thank you all for your input and help.

P.S. thank you for having me on your forum. I will help as I can

Attachments

·
Banned
3,880 Posts
I'd like to see what people think of this, a friend of mine has a very nice mare who has had a mystery rash that looks just like that on her face and the vets did biopsies and all kinds of tests and couldn't figure out what it was......subbing.

Just to add, her mare has those same 'holes' on her face (all over her face actually). I thought it may have been some kind of parasite and the holes were created by burrowed eggs hatching and critters emerging through the skin....yuk.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.