The Horse Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
23,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Although it was a gross, overcast day I decided to go see Denny and test out my new 55-200 mm Nikkor lens! I'm not super impressed about how these photos turned out because of the weather, but hey - enjoy them anyways!
Some of these aren't so great, artistic-wise, but I like how they show off his movement :)

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
You have a really pretty horse, he looked like he was having a blast running around in the snow :)

I like the pictures alot... His movement I must say is superb!

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
DENNY!!

I love seeing pictures of this guy! He's so stunningly georgous and I cannot believe how much he has improved since you bought him.

Edited to say I LOVE his roached mane! It makes him look so manly and handsome!

·
Registered
892 Posts
Denny is absolutely gorgeous! His mohawk is too darn cute! I think despite the conditions your pictures came out amazing! If I could take a picture half as good as you I'd be happy.

·
Registered
178 Posts
VERY handsome boy! Awesome pictures!!

·
Registered
675 Posts
Aww, I love his big belly. He looks so happy and he is very gorgeous! Your a lucky person! Watch out or someone might steal him ;)

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Over cast is often the best time for photos! AKA look how he POPS! Whoo that color. He is beautiful, and wonderful photos!

·
Registered
23,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you guys SO much!!! His mohawk, thanks to my lessee's skills, is looking great!! It was looking not-so-hot a couple months ago when I first mangled it - my lessee did an amazing job of tidying it up!
He is FAT!! Do you see that? FAT!!! YAY!!!

oh, PS -- Rissa, do you see anything wrong with the photos, color-wise? I was using my 55-200mm lens, but I was stupid and kept my f at 5.. which made some of the pictures super dark. I tried my best to even them out...

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Some of those body shots in the first post are a little dark. Upping the ISO may help but really over all I think they were outstanding. No sun, over case and a moving horse? You did great.

The second post with those face shots are drool worthy.

My only suggestion is getting a better hosting client for your photos. Photobucket is notorious for killing image quality!

I'm utterly jealous of your set here. You've done great. And boy, he is just way way too cute.

·
Registered
23,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you so much Rissa, I always appreciate your advice :D As a newbie to photography (got my first SLR in August - before then had no idea what ISO even was!!) it's a great help to get pointers from someone such as yourself!

Would you perhaps be able to suggest a host? Many of these photos look SO much better on my laptop, compared to how they turned out on PB...

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
hehe Denny is so super cute! Love the photos, as usual!

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Thank you so much Rissa, I always appreciate your advice :D As a newbie to photography (got my first SLR in August - before then had no idea what ISO even was!!) it's a great help to get pointers from someone such as yourself!

Would you perhaps be able to suggest a host? Many of these photos look SO much better on my laptop, compared to how they turned out on PB...

Well I'm a noob myself. I'm always learning!

I suggest FlickR.

Welcome to Flickr - Photo Sharing

I think you get 200 free photos and then it's 25 dollars a year. I find the fee is worth it. I have over 9,000 photos loaded on mine and they don't compress image quality at all. Even when you post the small versions. :)

·
Registered
872 Posts
A lot of those look like pro pictures (envy you...)! Denny is so fricking cute. I love that his coat is so, lite up..? It really makes him pop in those pictures. He looks so stunning in those pictures. Feel free to share pictures of Denny with me any time! Hehe ;]

·
Registered
256 Posts
Great pictures!!! Makes me suuuuper jealous-wish I could take pictures like that! :(
Gorgeous horse as well!

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Great shots JDI...
I just love how beautiful he looks. And...his tail is red and dark brown to black. Super cool.
I love the head shots and then there is one where all four of his feet are off the ground! Way cool!
Halfpass

1 - 20 of 26 Posts