The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to share my paints DNA results. He is bred to my Black Percheron and a Buckskin.

Red-Factor Result:
e/e - Only the red factor detected. Basic color is sorrel or chestnut in the absence of other modifying genes.

Agouti Result:
A/A - Black pigment distributed in points pattern. Basic color is bay or brown in the absence of other modifying genes.

Tobiano Result:
N/TO - One copy of altered sequence. Approximately 50% of the offspring will inherit Tobiano

·
Registered
22,320 Posts
Actually, a horse that tests as E/e will be a heterozygous BLACK based horse. In order to be a red base, he would have needed to test as e/e.

·
Registered
6,285 Posts
I didn't catch that in the original post, oops. Just read the test results and didn't read the description, I'm lazy like that.

·
Registered
12,001 Posts
I'm always willing to share a picture of my handsome boy : )

Oh my, NOT what I was expecting! He's cute!! How tall? I am going with pinto or paint cross though. Doesn't look like an APHA horse to me lol. (That's what I thought of when you said paint)

Yes bay or buckskin, though you would have potential for a chestnut too maybe. Hopefully you get some white too :)

·
Registered
5,290 Posts
I have seen your stud adds on c-list here in az. If my mare was breeding quality (and the right breed) I would have booked a breeding :). Beautiful horse!

·
Registered
12,001 Posts
Well paint is a "spotted QH" since it's a breed. I would just say pinto draft. Though I am familiar (somewhat) with Spotted Drafts. He is soo pretty :)

·
Registered
22,320 Posts
Double checking the VGL report it is e/e unsure why when I copied and pasted it capitalized the first E
LOL, no worries. Re-reading what I posted, I really didn't mean to sound that snooty. Just goes to show that intent is hard to put into the written word. :wink:

I bet the program they have running here on the forum to "help" with grammar took it upon itself to capitalize the first e because it was the start of a new sentence/paragraph.

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
The forum capitalises the first letter of each line. It's really fun when you are posting DNA reports lol.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.