Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
They are both built in the same way, except for the one that has the little "keys" on it.
As for which would be better, it depends on the horse. I know that my Otis is a very hard mouthed and tight in his jaw (from past training that was not very nice), but he's also very tactile and needs constant stimulation. So he'd probably enjoy having a mouthpiece like that because he can play, and it also encourages him to soften without as much bother from a rider's hands.
But other horses may be bothered by it. As I said it depends on the horse.

·
Registered
5,455 Posts
I don't really like the full cheek but I really don't like the little dangles on the first bit. I want my horse feeling me not a charm bracelet in his mouth.

·
Registered
3,113 Posts
Seems like the keys could be a bit distracting to the horse... I would go with the 2nd choice first, but hey if you can afford it go for both!

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
The first bit has a VERY thin mouth piece, as well as the copper dangles. The thin mouth can be pretty harsh. I prefer at least a 14mm mouth.

If you want something to promote a soft mouth, try a full cheek with a copper roller. I have one and it works well for most horses needing a tune-up in steering.

·
Registered
23,909 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.