The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have a forum for Western and English riding, driving, eventing, dressage, Hunters and hunters seat equitation, jumping, barrel racing, western pleasure, reining, roping, cutting, rodeo, team penning, mounted shooting trail riding, endurance riding, and therapeutic riding but NO BAREBACK RIDING!!!

Does anyone ells think there should be a forum for bareback riding? I don't ride bareback very much (My horse is a thoroughbred OUCH!!) but I know allot of people who do and I know that there are quite a few people out there that ride more bareback than with a saddle.

So what does everyone think?

·
Registered
879 Posts
I think you are right. I love riding and
jumping bb, it feels like you have accomplished something when you have no problem riding a horse bb even we he spooks. It feels like you are floating with your horse not just sitting on it.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
990 Posts
I think it should have a forum I LOVE bareback riding its how I learned to ride!
I totally agree with SaskGal!!!!! I can't ride my TB bb either, so I ride my brothers Standardbred which is awesome especially the baited trot.

Reactions: LyraFreedom

·
Registered
5,814 Posts
I've seen a lot of bareback threads around here, but they are all mostly about the same questions over and over again. After all, there is not much to discuss, just much to practice. :) I, too, think that the benefit of a separate bareback forum is not that obvious at all. It's not a discipline, it's not a style, it's just basic riding sans saddle, and for that there's the Riding forum with its' subforums.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
One can ride bareback in all of the above mentioned disciplines that have forums
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
16,508 Posts
Neither do I, JDI.

It's not a discipline, and anyone can do it regardless of their chosen style of riding. Definitely no need to add another forum just for bareback.

·
Registered
13,661 Posts

Looking back this year, there is not enough relevance for such a Forum

I would think Horse Riding would be the best place to start Threads on this.

·
Registered
4,863 Posts
Tack (or lack there of) doesn't make a discipline. Can you practice dressage bareback? Trails? Of course!

Both western and english riders ride bareback, because they're not riding in a new style or doing a new thing, they're just doing what they do everyday without a saddle. I'm sure if you are doing any of those disciplines without a saddle, you could post questions in the relevant forums. Or just in the horse riding one, which is general purpose for things just like this.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.