The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My instructers have taken to calling me and the other two girls I ride with "show names" LOL. They are all just jokes though :)

We get called "The Young and the Useless" lol, "Saten's Spawn" :twisted: hehe and my personal fave; "Children of Corn" LOL.

We also have a song :roll: that goes like this; "Im blonde, Im blonde, I is what I am." LOL.

Do any of you get called a fun little name?

·
Registered
513 Posts
How cute! I never had formal lessons with other girls (or boys for that matter) when I was younger. It sounds like you're in a fun environment and it's good to hear. So often it seems people take ridding too seriously, it's nice to see you're having fun with it.

·
Registered
3,475 Posts
Im the perfectionist on the perfect horse. There is a set of identicle twins, and their bff is another girl at the barn, so they're the triplets. And then there are so many others...
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
201 Posts
You're so lucky! My instructor is a very stern, no-nonsense lady. We get a lot done, but I wish I was in a bit of a friendlier environment like you are!

·
Registered
780 Posts
Haha, pretty cute! My BO isn't really into nicknames (other than calling the kiddies midgets or barn rats), but one of the other ladies I work with gives nicknames to everyone.

·
Registered
203 Posts
My friend, my sister, and I were called our instructor's "catholic School Girls" everyone knew who we were, not by name but by that title lol she loved us :)

·
Registered
307 Posts
When I was younger, my friends dad called her and I "the thick and thin of things". It was pretty mean though, she has always struggled with her weight.

I have always been called stretch, ostrich, and flamingo. Those ones seem recurrent with a lot of different people that I meet.

·
Registered
8,466 Posts
Heeellloooo I'm the Spawn of Satan! Pssh :D

Anyway, Toni calls me "Sadie" (Satan....Sadie....Get it? :D) and Brittney "Legally Blonde n' Dun It" because she rides a dun gelding named Danny who's registered name is RWR Danny's Dun It (One of Jester's foals ^^ ) and she is absolutely a stereotypical blonde, ditsy and fun.

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
haha well miranda is randaroo,sydney is sissyroo or horsebite, brianna is nana, im taytay or taylorroo(we use my middle name since my first is hard to rhyme with haha.

·
Registered
994 Posts
The group I ride with call ourselves the 'Vintage Riders'. Reason 1 is because we are all 'older' (I am one of the youngest at 35), and reason 2 is because we all love wine (or whatever drink suits our fancy). We get together and go for a trail ride, then head back to the barn for a big potluck meal. BYOB, lol!

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Lol! Yeah ^^^ hey, tomorrow we should tell Peter to call the little kids "barn rats". dont you think?

·
Registered
45 Posts
well a friends dad calls me "shorter then short ****" because she calls my other friend short **** because his daughter is hell tall!!

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
at the barn i used to take lessons at (i still go there but not for lessons) we were called "the three amigos"

·
Registered
4,490 Posts
Three of us are The Three Muskateers, interesting lesson that. I am also Mad Maddie, a combination of my balance skills, hilarious ninja sporting moves and my nut head OTTB. I love my instructor..
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
201 Posts
Haha I've been called Mad Maddy too!

I just realized that I really am a blonde, because although my instructor hasn't given us names, my two best riding buddies and I are the TANKS! haha because we do all the heavy work around the barn, and incredibly quickly, too! My friend Stacy is the War Tank because she is-no offence- pretty huge, at 5'11 with muscles of steel! Bekky is the Stealth Tank (no explenation neccessary) and I am the Streamlined Tank because I'm very small compared to Bekky and Stacy, but I can still throw around huge logs and 50kg feed bags when I need to!

·
Super Moderator
26,877 Posts
Team Loser. That's what they call me...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.