The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Can you see my horse doing dressage? I just started thinking about maybe trying it out. I see how much is involved and how much control, etc, and feel it may be beneficial to my hunters training. Also need something to fall back on if I fall off over jumps too many times. I notice that most people who used to jump end up doing dressage because they either decide they hate jumping or get too many injuries doing it. For some reason I just started gaining interest after watching some riders where I live on big beautiful horses doing incredibly beautiful things.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
I have heard this from MIeventer i believe, and i completely agree with it :)
"Jumping is just dressage, with speedbumps"

I dont know about hunter's but the warmup for jumping is pretty much dressage, dressage is something that definitally benefit's horse and rider and i completely recommend it ! :)

I can definitally see you and your boy doing it and i say you should give it a go :)

·
Registered
8,193 Posts
Any horse can do dressage. It's just to what degree. Your horse isn't going to be up there with the best of the best, but he could certainly get the basics down and be quite competitive. Almost any horse can reach medium dressage, usually it's the flying changes that will get them stuck. So yeah, why not, course your horse could do dressage :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.