The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am a huge fan of the Wylde Jumper bridle; it is of fantastic quality and is gorgeous to boot! I'm in the market for a jumping/CC saddle once I sell my Courbette and have looked at a few makes and models so far. Dover no longer carries the Peter Wylde line, and as they were the sole supplier of Wylde's products, the only option for this particular manufacturer is to buy used. I found someone with a lightly used Wylde saddle for sale for $1200 negotiable (original Dover price was $1800) and am considering taking it on trial. Does anyone have any experience with the Wylde saddle? I've also looked at some Bates saddles, but I have yet to try one on Excel for fit.

·
Registered
852 Posts
it looks like it would be very hard to get out of that saddle for jumping

·
Registered
23,909 Posts
I got a jumping saddle in Dover a year or 2 back to try (I think yes, they were selling out the left overs, so it was like half-price), and the wide was way too narrow on my horse. So that ends my experience with the saddle. It seemed to be a nice leather though!

And I really like my leather open front boots by Wylde (also from Dover, also closeout so like 1/4 of the price).

·
Registered
852 Posts
personally i like mine a bit more flat esp if the horse takes a long spot and ur butt ends up in the not so perfect position i could see that saddle smacking you in the butt and shoving you over the horses neck

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have had a Wylde Showjumper Saddle for about 4-5 years now. I got it because I had a horse with prominent withers that was getting very severe saddle rubs. This horse had high withers but she wasn't a "narrow" horse. The saddle is very good about fitting high withered, sway backed, or in general hard to fit horses as well as most average horses. It is NOT good with horses with low withers as the pommel tends to get lower than the cantle. It has a wide gullet so it gives a lot of spine clearance. As far as deepness, it isn't deep at all. I would say it is flatter than the average saddle and I know the EQ version of the Wylde Saddle is even flatter than the showjumper. It also has a somewhat narrow twist which I like. I've really liked this saddle because I ride mostly TBs. Great leather, great fit for longer thighed riders, and has no wear marks at all... except for where I dropped it. Oops!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.