The Horse Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking through some grooming supplies and I came across these brushes in all these cool colours. They looks pretty cool and sound great! It says they are great brushes for horses with their winter coat, and it also says it is great for bathing as they are waterproof and they are even good for cleaning hooves. It is like an all in one brush. You use it as a curry, body and dandy. You can even use it on your clothes to get hair off. And it's really simple to get hair out of the brush, just rub two together! I was wondering if anyone actually has these brushes and if they are really that good! If they are I might be thinking about investing in some!

Thanks

·
Registered
757 Posts
Never heard of this before. Could you post a picture or a link to this magic brush?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I forgot to say it's even a sweat scraper on the back! It's made in Germany and it's high quality. You can also buy them off ebay.

·
Super Moderator
13,675 Posts
It looks like a modified plastic curry in the pictures.

Short bristles, plastic back that doesn't look hand friendly.....

Not for me...
I'll stick with "conventional" curry, brush and elbow grease.
:wink:

·
Administrator
35,675 Posts
I have a brush that's a similar shape and I never use it because its really hard to hold it and do a good grooming job. I prefer the brushes that have a strap to slide your hand under and a wider surface area

·
Registered
5,800 Posts
I have a set of the "Magic brushes". I was skeptical at first, but they are really great - especially for my 24/7-living-outside mud monster and during the shedding season! Cleaning dry mud off a horse with a mammoth coat has never been easier.

·
Registered
17,293 Posts
The only Magic brush I have is an area of loose coarse sand that puts a brilliant shine on the horses. I couldn't help but notice the price of these brushes. Doesn't that translate to about $28-30?

·
Registered
14,153 Posts
It's not magic, it's an "illusion".

·
Registered
3,347 Posts
I have one. Was given to me as a gift and im not a fan. The dirt gets trapped in the bristles and its hard to clean. The bristles bend easily as well. I do like it for brushimg out saddle pads and blankets and bratty mare does like it for a good scratch but she prefers her waffle brush more so.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts