The Horse Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! Farrier is set to come out in 2 weeks, but mini donkey has started walking more gingerly over the weekend. I picked his feet the best he allowed by myself 馃槀 the frog on one foot is loose-I could move it off the hoof with pick. Is it just peeling or more serious issue? Do I need to have someone look at him sooner? Thanks for the help!

Registered
Is the farrier that's coming the same one that's been doing his feet in the past? I ask because to me (not an expert) those feet look really stretched out at the toe, especially for donkey feet. And it's hard to tell with the mud, but it looks like he may have "ripples" in the hoof wall. Those two would suggest (1) poor farrier work and (2) possibly laminitis. Hopefully @loosie can chime in, as she's the expert. But better pictures, with the hoof cleaned off, would help.

Registered
Well, his feet are way to long . I hope it is not the same farrier. If you can peel it off , just peel it off. His feet look foundered with all those rings. Also they really need cleaned, they look to have thrush. Get some durasole .

1 - 3 of 3 Posts