The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
418 Posts
The saddle looks like it fits just fine , although when you are measuring a saddle you should always put just the saddle on to see if it fits right ( no riding just for checking it over ) :)

cute horse by the way .

· Registered
29 Posts
You should never judge a saddle's fit until it's "locked and loaded." Meaning until it is fully girthed up and a rider is sitting in it. I would be careful of dry spots.

IMO, you should contact a fitter to help you assess the fit. There are some companies that will you long distance via photos and tracings. Trumbull Mountain Tack is the first one off the top of my head.

Based on your photos it looks ok, but many saddles can be deceiving. Stick your hand underneath the flap...is the panel making full contact with your horses back? If not, you have a bridging issue and the panel is not the correct shape.

· Registered
1,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You should never judge a saddle's fit until it's "locked and loaded." Meaning until it is fully girthed up and a rider is sitting in it. I would be careful of dry spots.

IMO, you should contact a fitter to help you assess the fit. There are some companies that will you long distance via photos and tracings. Trumbull Mountain Tack is the first one off the top of my head.

Based on your photos it looks ok, but many saddles can be deceiving. Stick your hand underneath the flap...is the panel making full contact with your horses back? If not, you have a bridging issue and the panel is not the correct shape.
ok! I will get ahold of trumbull mtn. there is no bridging, i checked. The panels seem to make even contact

· Registered
8,174 Posts
Do you have a picture of the saddle pad marks after a ride? It'll be easier to see if it fits or where it doesn't if we can see the dirt marks on the saddle pad.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.