The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
What about as a combined training horse where the dressage scores aren't taken so seriously. Low level jumper? I realize she's a tiny bit over at the knee and her shoulder angle is kind of steep. She is 15.3

·
Registered
418 Posts
Ah, but dressage scores are taken very seriously these days in eventing, considering that its 1/3 of the total score and if you go double-clear in XC and Stadium, your dressage score decides your placing.

Every sound horse can do 1st level, and 2L with a reasonably competent rider. 1L is nothing more than working W-T-C with some leg yielding and lengthenings.

She is the nicest horse you've posted so far.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Totally. Or higher than 1L if you wanted.

·
Registered
5,155 Posts
Pretty much anything can do basic level.
I would be interested in seeing a video. Confo isn't everything. Sure, it darn well helps, but Hickstead had horrific confo.. but he had the heart ;)

·
Registered
5,184 Posts
Hickstead had great confo!! His breeding however did not scream world beater. He is just a freak of nature.

Nothing that's built poorly could withstand the schedule that Eric kept Hickstead on. Or survive a GP course and stay sound.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
5,155 Posts
I was always lead to believe he had darn awful confo. I am no expert, but it was one of those random anomalies that just worked.

He was also refused as a stud by KWPN, and only accepted by the Holstein.. which is known for accepting pretty much anything.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.