Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to this forum :)
Anyway, I'm finding it hard to find reviews on this saddle and I was wondering if anyone could help?

I just want to know if it's a nice saddle for barrel racing, as my horse and I are getting more competetive but I don't want to spend a fortune! This one is a good price range and I like it.

Saddle King of Texas "Rodeo Star" Saddle

It comes in a light tan, dark cherry, and black colouring. Which one looks better, and overall if you know, is this saddle comfortable for the horse? It has the correct measurements for my horse but her safety and comfort comes before all!!

I just really want to know if this saddle could be good for competing and it'd be perfect it was!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Have you ridden in one? Or are you going by the pictures? Because You can't really tell just by those pictures....

·
Banned
4,648 Posts
I've seen them in stores. They're incredibly stiff and very poorly constructed. Hard as a rock. And I've seen and ridden in enough saddles that I really can get a pretty good idea by pictures.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, do you have any suggestions for around that price then? I'm looking at that price range before anything else right now.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Also, anyone else if you have any other input about this saddle, please do, because I've heard really good things about it on the few other forums I've seen, but I wanted to get my own opinion. Thanks!

·
Banned
136 Posts
For $480, you can find a MUCH MUCH nicer saddle...even used.

make offer/ paypal accepted - 14" billy cook barrel racing saddle Billy cook for $450
14 in Circle Y Barrel Saddle - Barrel Saddle Cirlce Y $500 (and overpriced)
Nbha trophy saddle - Barrel saddle Corriente $450
{ All leather Dakota Barrel Saddle 15" } - { Dakota 15" } Dakota $350
custom build, light, very comfortable saddle - Barrelsaddle price reduced 420obo Must GO! Lamb saddle
15" barrel racer - Kristie Peterson Textan

All mid to better quality saddles that will actually have a resale value if you decide to sell.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
For $480, you can find a MUCH MUCH nicer saddle...even used.

make offer/ paypal accepted - 14" billy cook barrel racing saddle Billy cook for $450
14 in Circle Y Barrel Saddle - Barrel Saddle Cirlce Y $500 (and overpriced)
Nbha trophy saddle - Barrel saddle Corriente $450
{ All leather Dakota Barrel Saddle 15" } - { Dakota 15" } Dakota $350
custom build, light, very comfortable saddle - Barrelsaddle price reduced 420obo Must GO! Lamb saddle
15" barrel racer - Kristie Peterson Textan

All mid to better quality saddles that will actually have a resale value if you decide to sell.
Thank you :) I just need to find one that ships to Canada, this definitely helps I'll take a look!! :)

·
Registered
249 Posts
The leather used for that saddle is horrible. My grandmother and father actually make saddles (dad just made me a Civil War Hope saddle, love it!) so I grew up with leather. You can find something better for sure.

·
Registered
13,166 Posts
I agree with bubba and others. Poorly made saddle on a poor tree. I would much rather save for a new Dakota (which isn't a lot more money) or find a quality used one. I would never purchase that saddle even as a back up.

·
Registered
909 Posts
I would look for a used saddle of better quality. This brand of saddle is forever for sale on Craigslist in my area and they cant hardly give them away. I say a used circle y or tex tan or even a simco would be much better.

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
If you're looking for something that will start coming apart after a few months of use and made with a fiberglass tree, it's perfect.

If you want something that will last you for quite some time and still look nice, I'd find a good used saddle. Some others have offered some great suggestions.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.