The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My cat opened the sliding glass door last night during dinner and let my sweet Rottie mix out. I never let her out with out a leash as she tends to run away. I had just discovered she was missing, and went out on to the porch to call her name. I heard the screeching of brakes and the yelp. I couldn't breathe it was dark and all I could hear was the running of the cars engine and the sobbing of the teenaged girl driver. My husband who had come out on the porch too approached the scene and consoled the girl letting her know it wasn't her fault. I reached the end of the porch as a black shadow ran into the yard. Oh my god she's still in one piece. She is very bruised and has some road rash, but is OK.

·
Registered
7,738 Posts
Wow! That's so scary! I'm so glad she's ok. Dang cats! :lol:
I almost hit a little chihuahua the other day and I was close to tears for the rest of the day and I didn't even hit the little guy!

·
Registered
13,166 Posts
I'm glad your dog is OK ... but your cat opened the sliding door? How big a cat do you have?! I have 5 cats and together they couldn't budge my sliding door.

·
Registered
13,266 Posts
I'm glad your dog is OK ... but your cat opened the sliding door? How big a cat do you have?! I have 5 cats and together they couldn't budge my sliding door.
lol :lol:

Glad your dog got a second chance. One scary thing to go through.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My cat is a mutant with thumbs on both front paws. He is big but I think it was more the thumbs that gave him the ability. I also wouldn't put it past him to have not done it accidentally. He might have the desire to be the only house pet. My dog is improving and has regained her appetite.

·
Banned
12,825 Posts
I assume for the cat to be able to open the sliding glass door the latch has not be non-functional (or was simply not latched). Please look into getting the door fixed so the cat is not opening now that you are on notice it can happen.

So glad your dog is OK.

Fingers crossed there was no damage to the car they will expect you to pay for.

·
Registered
10,624 Posts
You and your dog are so lucky! The best dog we ever had got hit by a car not long after we moved to our farm. We didn't have fences up and she was a master at getting out of a dog run. She was dead in the road when we got home from work. I'll always love that dog. RIP Izzy
Maybe you should concider putting up a barrier at the road? I'd hate to read that she got out with a less happy outcome.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.