............Bang!!!!............

Oh S###...........

Honey......... I need another Budweiser

Da## that hurts........

�

·
Registered
269 Posts
and that is why one ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS checks if it's LOADED... ALWAYS presume it's loaded until it's CLEARED! what a lovely case of negligence! at least he didn't blow it completely off.

·
Registered
3,113 Posts
Dumb ****, serves him right. you have to be really bright to shoot yourself in your own foot. That is definitely why one at the very least checks to be sure the safety switch is on at all times the gun in sot being fired, also why one should be sure to point the gun at nothing but the ground and to always be mindful of where the gun is pointed. Better yet, one should make sure the gun is not loaded before engaging in moronic behavior such as pointing a gun at ones foot or in the case of this individual even holding or posessing a gun...

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
:shock: I'm speechless! :shock:

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
Ouch! That is one unfortunate accident. It'd be interesting to see a picture of what it looks like now.. what they ever did with it, etc.

·
Registered
6,176 Posts
Perfect example of what I told my kids when I taught them gun safety. "Yes, people make mistakes, but with guns a mistake can't be corrected. So don't EVER make a mistake."

Accidents happen too -- which is why you ALWAYS point a gun in a safe direction. My 12 year old saw how important that is when one day out shooting, for some reason, when I took the safety off the .22, it fired! Always pointed down range though, so it was a good example for my son. Never did figure out what went wrong. Tore it all apart, cleaned it.. never found anything wrong. Odd.

I always hated that in gun courses they would tell me to carry my gun with the barrel pointed down. Unless that was indeed the safest direction, I never did. I was always concerned about accidental shooting near my foot, or shooting onto a rock and the resulting richochet.

Do you actually know this guy? I'd just love to hear his version of events. I'll bet it's a winner of a story.

·
Registered
6,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
pics were mailed to me.
I don't know the person.

·
Registered
6,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
LOL> your funny. :lol:

·
Registered
13,266 Posts
Very lucky that's where the bullet ended. The last gunshot wound I cared for was right in the clavicle. That ended with a collapsed lung, broken ribs and the dude had to be air lifted.

Hope this guy learned his lesson.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts