The Horse Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,360 Posts
Since she’s on concrete I would assume it’s level. She does look downhill. How old is she?

·
Registered
Retired breeder
764 Posts
My first question would be how old is she?

Reactions: Knave

·
Registered
4,360 Posts
I don’t find it too dramatic of a fault myself, but I’d say she’s definitely downhill.

·
Super Moderator
15,455 Posts
She is on concrete and makes me wonder if instead of level as you would expect if it isn't graded to have run-off from the wash-rack/stall???

She is also appearing posty-leg straight behind...is it just a angle she was caught at or is it her real stance? :unsure:
Could she be sore??:unsure:
Look closely at her front leg tendon area...specifically her right leg...
Looks thickened to me in the tendon and ankle area, and possibly firing marks so is some of this injury induced?:unsure:

She sure is pretty and eye-catching.
I would still go see in person and evaluate her, her movement and her abilities to do the job you are interested in her to do for you.
Pictures do not tell with accuracy all the time the truth, so when "questioning"....time to make a in-person eval and if you really like her it would be a lameness specialty PPE done to expose good, bad and maybe some unknowns yet.
🐴...

·
Registered
4,360 Posts
@horselovinguy makes an excellent point. If you look at the fence it does look to be created at a grade.

Reactions: Little

·
Registered
49,890 Posts
even given the fence as a true upright guide, she is pretty darn downhill. if you will be riding Western, it is somewhat mitigated by the W saddle, but to me, a downhill horse is often heavy and uncomfortable to ride.

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
I don't think she is actually that bad in person. Those are terrible pictures. The person is angled towards her rump. Her rump looks huge and her front end tiny. I would want better pictures with her on level ground and with the person even with her side, not angled towards her front or back end.

·
Registered
6,442 Posts
She looks downhill, maybe not as much in person as in the photo? she could be camped under but it could be the way she is standing? Better photos, video, or in person. A lot of downhill quarter horses.

·
Registered
8,867 Posts
Those aren't good pictures, unless someone is trying to show off her butt. I think the camera angle is partly to blame, but the only way to know is to take better pictures or go see her. She has a bit of a thin, inverted neck, but that could be lack of carrying herself properly. Is she a Standardbred or a QH? Healthy-looking coat.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Those aren't good pictures, unless someone is trying to show off her butt. I think the camera angle is partly to blame, but the only way to know is to take better pictures or go see her. She has a bit of a thin, inverted neck, but that could be lack of carrying herself properly. Is she a Standardbred or a QH? Healthy-looking coat.
Quarter horse. I am no longer considering this mare Thank you everyone for your input

1 - 15 of 15 Posts