The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dad drag races his cars every summer, is there anyone else on here that loves the adrenaline rush of a drag race?
I will have to find my pics of his races....

·
Registered
808 Posts
Yes! My fiance, his brother, and dad drag race 4 cars every summer! My fiance has a 71 duster, his dad has a 57 belvidere, his brother has a 70 dart, and they all co-own a 69 baraccuda that is set up for drag racing only. I LOVE a day at the races!

·
Registered
3,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I love a day at the races! (Almost as good as horse shows!)
My dad has an old (Not sure on the year) Mustang that he races and he had a blue ranger that he raced last year. BUt sadly the DAY my dad started winning races the judge told him he was running illegal tires on the truck. But the people told him *who inspected the tires* that he could run that class with the tires. But once he started beating the "Favorite" he got DQ'ed... So he junked out the truck. I am so sad/mad that he did that. The truck was so fast...
here is a picture!
The last picture he actually beat that car!

Attachments

·
Registered
769 Posts
Its been a while since anyone posted here, but I figured what the heck? :)

Here is my car that I used to race. Unfortunately I sold it about 4 years ago.

·
Registered
769 Posts
The fronts or rears?

The fronts are not really that much, maybe like $120-130ish each.

The rears were ET Drags, probably like $180-190ish each.

·
Banned
12,825 Posts
Bracket racing is fun!

Do you still race?

·
Registered
769 Posts
No, I got out of it once I sold my car. Just too much down time/money in between races.

My husband is still into it. He always has something going on.

His current project is a 2003 Cobra. He is in the process of putting a turbo on it. He is hoping to have it going by the end of the year.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.