The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey here isa list of horses I am intrested in looking at to buy. I havent contacted any of the owners yet just browing really right now. I am looking for:

• Dressage prospect
  • Jumper Prostpect
  • Somthing solid with at least a solid W/T/C
  • Under 6k US $$
  • somthing that has a little more experiance
So here is the list of DREAMHORSE ID'S

Thanks a million! Just let me know what you think!

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
To be perfectly honest, I don't like her. I'd like to see a video of her and some conformation shots of her. I'd also like to know what they mean when they said she did 'great' at a dressage comp.
Couldn't find this horse. Nothing came up for this number.
I like her jump. She has potential. However, is there something wrong with her neck? It could just be the photo. Once again, I'd like to see more info on her before I really voice my opinions.
Nice solid horse with a good education. I'd like to see conformation shots and a video though. I think 5,000 is ok, but if he hasn't placed well enough or been show extensively I'd ask for the price to be lowered.
Personally, I would never buy a horse that cribs. I don't like his jump either in that photo.
Couldn't watch the video, my computer had a spaz, but I don't think he's broken in. You wanted a green broke horse at the least right?
Don't like his shoulders. That was the first thing that jumped out at me. I'd also be concerned about that injury. Ask if it will ever hinder him in the future. And if you do consider him, make sure you get a very thorough vet check.

·
Registered
302 Posts
DreamHorse.com Horse ID: 1507002 - Zaira
I see no reason to dislike this mare. The picture doesn't really show anything other than "well she's cute". The ad could have been more informative, but there was nothing that made me think there was an issue. I would ask for more information and pictures.

1486970: not found

DreamHorse.com Horse ID: 1497594 - Gift of Gold
Really I feel the same as the first one. You really need more information than this ad provides. The reason her neck looks funny is the jump standard in front makes it appear oddly shaped.

DreamHorse.com Horse ID: 1484605 - Alvin
Well the picture makes him look handsome. He sounds like a jack of all trades. The concern with a horse that does it all, is that they never truly excel in a discipline. It makes me curious though to have you go see him to see a thoroughbred on cows then jumping 3'6". He is also older than the other horses you were looking at. I would be super interested to see more pictures of him (hint hint, e-mail and ask ;) )

DreamHorse.com Horse ID: 1476854 - Royal Brew
You must obviously not mind a horse that cribs or why else would you post it? I don't mind a horse that is a manageable cribber. I think the issue in this jump if that the rider rode him deep to the base of the fence, so he's working his way out of it. I don't know enough about your riding skills, but if you feel you are a quiet rider that could handle it when this horse gets hot, then I would go check him out.

DreamHorse.com Horse ID: 1421873 - Cascade UPDATED* New Video!
He's a cute enough horse. He doesn't sound like he's being ridden, and he is 8. I would pass on this one since it sounds like you want a horse you can have fun with and ride. He's a decent mover, but I would still pass.

DreamHorse.com Horse ID: 1254320 - Polaris CF
You didn't go to their website did you? Vet says only a dressage career for this guy, no jumping. So no go for you

·
Banned
5,300 Posts
DreamHorse.com Horse ID: 1507002 - Zaira
Reasonable price, meets your basic criteria. Need more info, I would follow up.

1486970: not found

DreamHorse.com Horse ID: 1497594 - Gift of Gold
No. Not enough miles for what you want. Also, I don't particularly like the free jump photo. Forearm *way* below horizontal, and it looks like the set up was ideal. Lack of info in the ad makes me think that he is quite green.

DreamHorse.com Horse ID: 1484605 - Alvin

More questions than answers here. Attractive, but at 13, why hasn't he decided what he wants to be when he grows up? I agree with the comment about jack of all trades, master of none; but it certainly speaks to his temperment that he's handled all these different situations. I would also want to know why the owner wanted to try all this different stuff, I'm also curious as to why there aren't jumping or movement shots of him, just the head shot. If he jumps in good form and isn't a "professional ride only", he might be a worth further exploration

DreamHorse.com Horse ID: 1476854 - Royal Brew

Don't like this one. I personally won't take a cribber. I have to assume that people choose the best photo possible to put with an ad; this photo has him jumping flat, forearm not vertical, and loose below the knees. It also says jumping *grids*, not courses. Suspect he's pretty hot on a course; and at 9 - 10, he's a reclaim, not a prospect.

DreamHorse.com Horse ID: 1421873 - Cascade UPDATED* New Video!
"He's a cute enough horse. He doesn't sound like he's being ridden, and he is 8. I would pass on this one since it sounds like you want a horse you can have fun with and ride. He's a decent mover, but I would still pass. " Agree completely with previous poster's comments.

DreamHorse.com Horse ID: 1254320 - Polaris CF

I like this guy, but since you're in the early phases of looking, why accept something with a big limitation?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.