The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw this guy online at a rescue and I was wondering what you thought of him. I know there's not much information and the pictures aren't the greatest but I just wanna hear whatever opinions you have on him.

Adopt a Quarterhorse: Tanner: Petfinder

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
His adoption fee is $250.

·
Banned
5,300 Posts
Without a better photo, it's hard to make a guess other than the obvious long back and butt high. Also, 1 1/2 years of age is a difficult age to critique as different body parts are growing at different rates.

Try to get a decent photo and his current true height, and someone here can give you a better idea of his athletic potential.

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Without a better photo, it's hard to make a guess other than the obvious long back and butt high. Also, 1 1/2 years of age is a difficult age to critique as different body parts are growing at different rates.

Try to get a decent photo and his current true height, and someone here can give you a better idea of his athletic potential.
Yeah I'm sorry bout that. If I go see him, I'll take some better photos. I gotta talk to my trainer first though.

·
Banned
629 Posts
No, he's not a dressage prospect. Neck set is too low, loin too long and he's very likely to finish downhill built.

If you want to mess around locally up to 1st level...then it doesn't matter what you ride.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
I honestly think he's a good looking horse. Height isn't a key factor with dressage. I've seen 14hh through 18hh horses successfully compete in the discipline. I think he has potential and I can't see an major faults that will render his ability to preform.

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you both. I want to mess around in other discplines as well, like western and just some english pleasure too. I think he's a good-looking horse for me to use locally. and it's gonna be awhile before he'd be ready for dressage anyways. I hate this age to ask for a confo because until my trainer's horse turned 3, his butt was higher than his withers but now he's pretty nice looking.

·
Registered
5,184 Posts
No, he's not a dressage prospect. Neck set is too low, loin too long and he's very likely to finish downhill built.

If you want to mess around locally up to 1st level...then it doesn't matter what you ride.
Again with the stolen words :p

·
Registered
322 Posts
Thank you both. I want to mess around in other discplines as well, like western and just some english pleasure too. I think he's a good-looking horse for me to use locally. and it's gonna be awhile before he'd be ready for dressage anyways. I hate this age to ask for a confo because until my trainer's horse turned 3, his butt was higher than his withers but now he's pretty nice looking.
I think he's make a lovely Jack of All Trades type horse. If you aren't looking to go into higher levels of dressage sure! He'd probably do just fine.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.