The Horse Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really need a thinner dressage pad. Any recommendations? I'm looking for something that'll last a long time and not look too dingy.

Currently I'm using nothing but a fleeceworks half pad, but I feel it's too thick for my round, witherless boy.

Bonus points if it's a colour that looks good on a black horse with dark brown tack! I was initially thinking a dark grey, but suggestions are welcome!

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
I have some Le Mieux pads that I really like. They are quite thin and they are very durable. They do this whole color scheme thing where you can buy matching fly bonnet, polo wraps, and something else I think. And human shirts now, too. It's all kind of gimmicky, but I have to say the quality is really excellent. I machine wash and partially tumble dry partially line dry, I'd guess at least half a dozen times a year, and they've held up great.

ETA: here is one "on sale" in hunter green, which would be a great color for your horse IMO.

·
Registered
Elle, 1997 Oldenburg mare
2,076 Posts
If you want to add a half pad but don't want bulk, the Thinline ones are great! They help absorb some shock, so they're helpful for riders' backs and horses' backs, and they don't take up much room at all. I use mine with a full square dressage pad underneath to keep everything clean, but that part doesn't need to be fancy.

·
Registered
Midnight Empress, Friesian mare, dressage
1 Posts
I love the Roma Ecole Double Diamond saddle pads. They come in many colors and are great for dressage.

·
Super Moderator
12,636 Posts
So are you looking for square or half? I love my thinline half which is shimmable if I need extra for another horse and I stick to thin squares for under the thinline as I use it for shock absorption. I've just ordered roma or tuffrider. Whichever is on sale. Those have lasted years, through many washings and come in all sorts of colors. I've bought a couple of the weatherbeeta and really like them but they are a little thicker and I dont use the half pad between.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So are you looking for square or half?
I'm looking for a full square pad! My fleeceworks half pad does the job for when I do need a half pad, I'd just like something to look nice and keep my saddle clean for when I don't need all that cushion.

·
Super Moderator
12,636 Posts
Roma or TuffRider then are in my experience the thinnest that hold up.rhd longest and have good color choice.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Equestrian Stockholm pads are my absolute fav's and are definitely head turners. My current go to is the Merlot Crystal. but honestly, they have so many sharp colors that would really pop on your black horse! check out their website, but prepare to get addicted! have fun!
unnamed (4).jpg

1 - 9 of 9 Posts