Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its true.

The title pretty much says it all xD Since she's been on box rest, I'm walking her twice a day on hard ground. In a bridle and lunge line. I'm not taking any risks, she's a young, big, powerful horse and she's bored lol.

This morning's walk she was a bit fresh, but no problems what so ever. This evening, oh my, things were jumping out of EVERYWHERE. She calmed down eventually, but THAT WASNT THERE BEFORE included jumping to the side, on my foot. Owie. She was walking behind me the entire time as well... MUMMY SAVE ME D:

Are anyone else's horses freaky for no apparent reason xD

·
Registered
602 Posts
Haha too cute :] my horse hasn't been freaky, but a little grumpy. I forgot to give him his Christmas present :oops:

·
Registered
5,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Haha too cute :] my horse hasn't been freaky, but a little grumpy. I forgot to give him his Christmas present :oops:

You BAD mother haha!

She's like a kid.. standing for 20mins with her hoof in a bucket, she looks round at me, looks to the ceiling, drops her head, snuffles the dust off the window, nibbles on her leadrope.. poops... tries to see if she can fit the other foot in, the lip thing... she's hysterical

but the dark wooo

She ACTUALLY stood behind me xD

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
Aw she thought if she hid behind you the scary monsters would eat you first! Hehe Oliver likes to suddenly be scared of gates and heaven forbid someone walking or standing in it! The gate...giant door to the arena from the barn isle way is for sure hiding Oliver eating monsters haha he goes through phases where he is fine and then randomly will buldges his shoulder grab the bit and bye! He thinks it's a really fun game. It doesn't matter if it's open or closed haha it for sure keeps me on my toes all the time!

So I tottally get you! Hehe

·
Registered
3,918 Posts
My gelding is afraid of everything..... hay piled in a slightly different shape, all water except that in his BLUE bucket (red, green, pink and yellow are scary), the tractor that has he sees every single day, anything that flaps, shakes, makes noise. Trees blowing in the wind, wind itself, pigs, goats, cats, sheep, strange people, his blanket.... oh heck he's afraid of life itself.

Oh and the absolute most terrifying thing ever? A baby stroller covered with a blanket, he was a terrified, quivering, shaking mess for a MONTH and all he had to do was walk past it to get out of the barn (my BO had a baby and would bring him to the barn when feeding/turning out).

But.... if anyone is riding him, absolutely nothing scares him. 100ft of metal panel fencing crashed down right behind us and he barely jumped. Neighbors dogs were killing their pigs less than 20ft away and he was just a tad nervous. Dogs running through the arena, strange horses arriving, an evil pony that smashed through the arena fence and went galloping on by..... not a an issue!

There are days I've considered riding him to turnout because it'd be easier than dealing with his spooky self on the ground!

·
Registered
420 Posts
I was walking Alli over a crate and old stable door on top of eachother so it was about 20-25cm high. We got up and down fine twice. Third time we got up, but could we get down? Hell no! Alli stood with her head in my chest saying 'mummy the floors too far away, help!!'

In the dark shes ok, untill stupid me turns a headtorch on. Spins on a sixpence and springs 10ft sideways with eyes on storks haha

·
Registered
6,161 Posts
My gelding is afraid of everything..... hay piled in a slightly different shape, all water except that in his BLUE bucket (red, green, pink and yellow are scary), the tractor that has he sees every single day, anything that flaps, shakes, makes noise. Trees blowing in the wind, wind itself, pigs, goats, cats, sheep, strange people, his blanket.... oh heck he's afraid of life itself.

Oh and the absolute most terrifying thing ever? A baby stroller covered with a blanket, he was a terrified, quivering, shaking mess for a MONTH and all he had to do was walk past it to get out of the barn (my BO had a baby and would bring him to the barn when feeding/turning out).

But.... if anyone is riding him, absolutely nothing scares him. 100ft of metal panel fencing crashed down right behind us and he barely jumped. Neighbors dogs were killing their pigs less than 20ft away and he was just a tad nervous. Dogs running through the arena, strange horses arriving, an evil pony that smashed through the arena fence and went galloping on by..... not a an issue!

There are days I've considered riding him to turnout because it'd be easier than dealing with his spooky self on the ground!
Dogs killing pigs?

·
Registered
20 Posts
My mare is afraid of the weirdest things. Especially white things. Last night i led her into the arena and tried to get the gate closed when she saw a white mounting block poor thing about died, again. It took her half an hour to get used to it. One night it was extremely windy and there was a bucket sitting in the aisle and i went to grab a brush and the bucket flew back with the wind and Lacy about lost it! She was shaking and snorting so bad. Goofy horse!

·
Registered
3,918 Posts
Dogs killing pigs?
Yes, according to the neighbor, their horrid, nasty, barky dog (great Pyrenees I believe?) was "guarding" their livestock. All it did when I was around was bark non-stop and broke out of it's fencing and chased my horse around the arena when I had left him in there to cool off and roll after riding once.

It apparently decided their new piglets (maybe 40lbs?) looked yummy, broke into their pen and was trying to kill them. Here I was on a very green 4yr old, trying to keep him from falling apart mentally as the pigs were SCREAMING and absolutely nobody around, knowing that my horse is 10,000x more spooky if I get off, so I better just stay on. Mom next door finally heard the pigs, comes outside with a pack of kids, stands on the back porch screaming her fool head off at the kids who are running around chasing the pigs and dog all of 20ft away from the arena I am in. My poor horse was shaking and sweating but held it together until kids finally separated the pigs & dog and took the dog elsewhere.

2 days later the Dad next door came over and told my BO that he was extremely sorry and that the dog had been re-homed so it would no longer be a concern. Apparently they spent a fortune having the Vet out to patch up their pigs that night and the next night, their "guard dog" attacked their lambs! :shock:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.