The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Both! Dunskin. Meaning she has both the cream gene and the dun gene modifying her base color of brown or bay. Of course, I am not a color expert- but I am sure they will chime in soon.

·
Registered
5,603 Posts
I don't see dunskin. I see just bay dun. The first picture with the flash being used makes it look almost like dunskin, but the bottom two definitely don't. A buckskin dun would be creamier, but he is a "flatter" color.

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
Definitely not a dunskin that's a bay dun. Here is my dunskin they are much lighter and creamier because they have two dilution genes. As you can see there is a big color difference. He is a darker shade of dunskin even than most others I've seen. A lot of the dunskins I've seen in person are even lighter than this.

Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
5,323 Posts
Agree there's definitely a dun gene there- the dorsal and the leg barring are dead giveaways for that. The lighting isn't the best in the photos but I don't really see a cream gene there. So I'm thinking bay dun.

Do you know the color of the parents? One of them would have to have a cream gene for this horse to have inherited one.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.