The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this is little Dusty (who's not so little anymore :cry:), who my sister and I have been training since he was born. I'm very proud of all the progress we've made with him, from this tiny little guy with an attitude to a much more mature and willing partner. We've had a lot of rough patched with him. He went through a rearing when lead phase, an "I'm not getting in that trailer unless you bribe me with food" phase, a "I'm going to try to hop away when the farrier is holding on of my feet" phase, and a "I'm going to try to run you over when you're leading me and see what you can do about it" phase, but it's all been worth it because we now have a nice young horse that never rears, kicks, or bites; loads and backs from the trailer willingly, stands quietly for the vet and farrier, takes dewormers better than any adult horse I know, is a breeze to lead, and a horse that I feel will grow up to be a wonderful partner and friend. We still have some work to do with him- we're now prepping him to be in his first show in the coming year, but I'm super excited about being able to work with him and (when he wins big somewhere :D) be able to say that we trained him and taught him all that he knows!

Attachments

·
Registered
83 Posts
Beautiful!!<3

·
Registered
934 Posts
Phew! What a looker! And look at that stop in the 3rd picture!

Seems like a nice guy! :)

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys! As soon as I'm over here bragging about him he gets out today and runs around the yard for 5 minutes...but he's still a good boy:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.