The Horse Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally decided that I wasn't going to stand for me mom's boyfriend anymore. I said that I wouldn't stand for the emotional abuse anymore, and I wasn't going back until they BOTH straightened their sorry selves out. I thought that this was going to magically fix everything, but no... It's only made it worse.

Since that day, she's chosen him over me. She has just decided to pretend she doesn't have kids. She was suppose to bring me to school yesterday and simply didn't show up... :cry: She didn't even call to let me her excuse, so I assume she doesn't have one... And that isn't all either. She's done that countless other times since I told her what I thought. To her, I just don't exist anymore, so I moved to my dad's with my sister.

The thing that hurt me the most though was when she didn't show up at my sister's singing thing... She said she was too tired... What kind of dedication is that? She's suppose to be a MOTHER. Or are my standards just too high?

Now I can barely call her "Momma" anymore... I don't know why, but it feels... Wrong. Strange. If I don't exist anymore to her, why should I hang on her word that she will be there for me?

Then, to add irony to the situation, she said this to me a few weeks ago: "I know things are hard, but things will get better. I'm working on it."

:cry: I can't even put into words what thinking about that makes me feel like... Kind of betrayed...

I probably sound so vain and stupid, but I need to tell someone... My friends don't understand how much all this hurts...

·
Registered
7,738 Posts
Wow. That sucks. Major *hugs* for you.
I'm not really what else to say that would be comforting but I'll definitely keep you in my thoughts.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Of course you dont sound vain. Every child deserve the love and care from their own mother.
Im sorry that things havent been working out for you guys .. but your standards arent too high. You are expecting her to be there for you and show you she still cares, your not getting that but thats her fault not yours.
Maybe if she is going to act like that your better off without her?

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
I don't really have any advise but I'm here for you if you want to talk :)
I'm kinda going through the same thing.My mom treats me like a friend instead of a daughter.This has been going on for a few years and I also have a hard time saying "I love you" to her.I just don't understand how a she can stand there and tell me "I love you" but puts her boyfriend befor her children.My mom is married and talking to an old HS friend.He has turned into a boyfriend and she is planning on leaving my stepdad and possibly us.She doesn't know I know and its tearing me up inside. :(

·
Registered
162 Posts
you poor kids! Any woman, who would put a man above her children should be taken out behind the wood shed and whipped. Even if said man is the biological father!! It just isn't right. (((HUGS))) to all of you. This makes me very angry if you want to talk you can pm me after all I am a mom who would cut off my right arm for my child.

·
Registered
698 Posts
I had a step father for six years who was emotionally abusive to my mother, my brother and myself. My mother eventually came to her scenes and divorced him, and is now married to a very nice man. Fourth times the charm I guess. I don't have any real advice to give you but I know how you feel.

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
*hugs* I went through kinda the same thing a few years back. If you need anybody to talk to...you can talk to me. Your standards aren't too high, they are actually lower than most people. My dad kinda did the same thing but that's cause he choose alcohol over his family. During that episode my standards were so low people started to think I didnt have a dad. I just stopped inviting him to things and whenever he said something...I refused to believe. It was basically the only thing that got me through it. When he finally realized that his whole family had given up on him, he decided to change. Maybe it would work for your mom too.

·
Super Moderator
22,658 Posts
Perhaps she has self-problems which she tries to solve out and hasn't stregth enough to other (even the most important) things after that?

Otherwise I think that when you become a mom (or a dad) it's your first job. Always. Those parents who put their children the 2nd place should really learn some lessons in their life.

Good luck! I hope everything will turn out well :).

·
Registered
744 Posts
Good luck. Just remember you have a dad and sister that love you. Hopefully your mom will get her things together. You're expectations aren't too high. I'm sorry that you're going through this. PM me if you need to talk. Not gone through it, but I'm good at listening.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Im sorry that you both have to go through it. Some people just need to get their priorities in check.
But there are alot of people here that want to help. So good luck and dont let them get you down. Their not worth it.

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Thanks for all the hugs and support :)

I'm hoping that everything will work out... My mom's pretty smart; she'll figure out that he's no good for anybody... Plus, he's been married three times, so maybe he'll just break up with her. *Shrug* A bit of a mean thought, but still.

And I know what you mean about being treated like a "friend" instead of a daughter... I get that feeling a lot actually. Maybe because she decided to leave all her friends for this guy too...

And yeah; my sister and my dad are really all the family I need. Despite the love-hate going on there, I still feel good and cared for. :)

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
I have become very close to my grandma.I seriously do not know what I would do without her.I'm glad you are close to your other family members too.Usually girls in our situations would turn to guys for attention or abuse drugs/alcohol.I wish you the best and everything works out for you.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts